GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ronaldinho: My goal was no fluke"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ronaldinho insists his goal which beat England in the World Cup quarter-final was no fluke.

His free-kick from 30 yards out went over the head of David Seaman, and under the bar, to put Brazil 2-1 ahead.

Cynics dismissed it as an over-hit lob into the penalty area, but Ronaldinho was adamant he intended to surprise Seaman.

"Cafu had told me that Seaman usually moves forward preparing to take the square balls," he said.

"I was a bit far (out from goal), but I tried it and I was able to score. He (Seaman) moved back, but he couldn't stop it."

Minutes after the goal, Ronaldinho was sent off for a studs-up tackle on Danny Mills.

Ronaldinho was convinced he did not deserve to be sent off and claimed Mills agreed with him.

"I don't believe that it was a foul for a red card," he said.

"I met Mills in doping control later and he also believes I did not deserve to be sent off."

The sending-off means he is automatically ruled out of Brazil's semi-final, but he expects to be available for the final, if they get there.

"I don't want to say anything more about all this because it depends on Fifa, but I have hope," he added.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:11
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Ronaldinho insists his goal which beat England in the World Cup quarter-final was no fluke.

His free-kick from 30 yards out went over the head of David Seaman, and under the bar, to put Brazil 2-1 ahead.

Cynics dismissed it as an over-hit lob into the penalty area, but Ronaldinho was adamant he intended to surprise Seaman.

"Cafu had told me that Seaman usually moves forward preparing to take the square balls," he said.

"I was a bit far (out from goal), but I tried it and I was able to score. He (Seaman) moved back, but he couldn't stop it."

Minutes after the goal, Ronaldinho was sent off for a studs-up tackle on Danny Mills.

Ronaldinho was convinced he did not deserve to be sent off and claimed Mills agreed with him.

"I don't believe that it was a foul for a red card," he said.

"I met Mills in doping control later and he also believes I did not deserve to be sent off."

The sending-off means he is automatically ruled out of Brazil's semi-final, but he expects to be available for the final, if they get there.

"I don't want to say anything more about all this because it depends on Fifa, but I have hope," he added.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:37
That goal was no fluke, sheer class
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:47
Regular
"Bobba you"
It was a fluke!

If he missed he would off said it was a "cross" and i made a mistake.
But no he scores so he claims it isnt a "fluke" he is jsut big headed and big toothed :D
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:07
Regular
it was not a fluke
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:14
It was played for but he only got it cause Seaman was clearly hampered and it should have been ruled out too so no fluke but crap goal ;0)
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That was never a fluke.

Damn good goal!
Sat 22/06/02 at 10:36
Regular
It looked an awful lot like a fluke...
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:14
If you watch the replay, never once does 'The fourth Bee-Gee'look at where Seaman is.

He keeps his head down and only ever looks down the line of players in the box as he takes his run up.

Thats pretty special if he can score like that without even looking at where he's aiming for.
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:22
Regular
Tetchy wrote:
> Thats pretty special if he can score like that without even looking at
> where he's aiming for.

Well, he is a brazillian footballing genius :)
Sat 22/06/02 at 21:49
Regular
I think that he didnt deserve that red card, i think that ref had some personal vendetta against him. Brazil should try to convince fifa to let him play in their next match.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.