GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nike Advert!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 20:13
Regular
Do you like it??? I love it, i have just heards it on top of the pops. I love the way nike have done it. They have got osme big names to play and its not like one of those adverts which oyu hate and dont want ont the tv, i like it i search channels to watch it sometimes as it is so good. THey got someone from a division 2 footy team to teach all the pros those nifty new tricks.

Any other views??
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Nice one!

Didn't know fcuk sponsored the event!

;-)
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
played footie..

f****d around.. had 4 games in the cage.. lost them all...

tried on the new mercurial boots..

mucked around in the training cages
watched the argentina - england match
ate
played XBox in the games room...
nicked a t-shirt and got a poster... not bad eh?

had a pretty good time..
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> heh, its an amazing ad,
>
> did anyone actually go to the dome?
>
> i went....

Is it any good, and what exactly did you do there?
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
heh, its an amazing ad,

did anyone actually go to the dome?

i went....
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:22
The adverts entertaining the first few times
Sat 22/06/02 at 18:21
Regular
of course the nike advert was scripted, who said it wasnt? LOL so in the new one Figo and that lot *accidently* sank the boat

LOL some people
Sat 22/06/02 at 18:13
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Posh Kid and fosbe wrote:
> Blah Blah Blah

Just to settle this argument:

The advert was scripted.
Sat 22/06/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Yeah, that was on This Morning where the bloke from Bournemouth was trying to break his world record of keeping the ball up for more than 17 hours.

I went on the Nikefootball website and it had a link, 'Nike tournaments', that listed all of the other Nike Tournaments taking place all over the world. This made me think that the Nike Advert wasn't scripted, also seeing the Nike Basketball adverts ages ago also made me think that this advert wasn't scripted.

So, I'm not really as stupid as you think, fosbe!
Sat 22/06/02 at 00:15
Just to throw a spanner in the works guys, did you know that they used a body double for Ronaldo because he was still injured whilest making the advert. They got a British bloke from Bournemouth to do all the tricks they just used Ronaldo's face in the close ups.

And for the Pepsi advert with Beckham,R.carlos etc. they used a body double for Beckham because of his injury as well.

Sorry.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Elvis Vs JXL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.