GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The worst thing about this world cup............."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
..is not the fact that England are out (fraid not Cyclone), or that Argentina are out (bad luck Ortega), but it's that U.S.A have done so well.

They are the one of the richest and densely populated countries in the world, and always do well in EVERY sport, which everyone hates. They sucked at football 10 years ago, but their woman's team started doing well in the past few years, and now this.

I know they're out, but they've played magnificently for any country, and deserved to win, in my opinion. Getting to the quarter-final itself is also an acheivment for any team. But the fact that they got this acheivment will cause them to spend all Bush's crappy money on football, and they will become the new kings of the sport in two world cup's time, which is when they'll win it for the first time.

Then football will get boring, and even more commercial than it already has become.

America will buy out loads of weeks and teams, and just bloomin ruin it.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

Discuss.
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:43
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think you're right allardini.
>

Mind control always did work.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think you're right allardini.

The Americans will win it sometime soon, and when they do they should dominate for quite a while.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:45
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Na! It's going to be a very long time before America ever win the world cup I figure. This world cup, America has had to face some pretty bad teams and because they were new to the group stage scene they exploited this and beat other teams flukily. Now they met their match, Germany, they are finally out of the world cup.

Even if they won the World Cup, this doesn't mean they're going to dominate it every single time it comes. Just look at France and Argentina, both favourites to winning the World Cup and they didn't even get through the group stages.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
..is not the fact that England are out (fraid not Cyclone), or that Argentina are out (bad luck Ortega), but it's that U.S.A have done so well.

They are the one of the richest and densely populated countries in the world, and always do well in EVERY sport, which everyone hates. They sucked at football 10 years ago, but their woman's team started doing well in the past few years, and now this.

I know they're out, but they've played magnificently for any country, and deserved to win, in my opinion. Getting to the quarter-final itself is also an acheivment for any team. But the fact that they got this acheivment will cause them to spend all Bush's crappy money on football, and they will become the new kings of the sport in two world cup's time, which is when they'll win it for the first time.

Then football will get boring, and even more commercial than it already has become.

America will buy out loads of weeks and teams, and just bloomin ruin it.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

Discuss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.