GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The worst thing about this world cup............."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
..is not the fact that England are out (fraid not Cyclone), or that Argentina are out (bad luck Ortega), but it's that U.S.A have done so well.

They are the one of the richest and densely populated countries in the world, and always do well in EVERY sport, which everyone hates. They sucked at football 10 years ago, but their woman's team started doing well in the past few years, and now this.

I know they're out, but they've played magnificently for any country, and deserved to win, in my opinion. Getting to the quarter-final itself is also an acheivment for any team. But the fact that they got this acheivment will cause them to spend all Bush's crappy money on football, and they will become the new kings of the sport in two world cup's time, which is when they'll win it for the first time.

Then football will get boring, and even more commercial than it already has become.

America will buy out loads of weeks and teams, and just bloomin ruin it.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

Discuss.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
..is not the fact that England are out (fraid not Cyclone), or that Argentina are out (bad luck Ortega), but it's that U.S.A have done so well.

They are the one of the richest and densely populated countries in the world, and always do well in EVERY sport, which everyone hates. They sucked at football 10 years ago, but their woman's team started doing well in the past few years, and now this.

I know they're out, but they've played magnificently for any country, and deserved to win, in my opinion. Getting to the quarter-final itself is also an acheivment for any team. But the fact that they got this acheivment will cause them to spend all Bush's crappy money on football, and they will become the new kings of the sport in two world cup's time, which is when they'll win it for the first time.

Then football will get boring, and even more commercial than it already has become.

America will buy out loads of weeks and teams, and just bloomin ruin it.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

Discuss.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:45
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Na! It's going to be a very long time before America ever win the world cup I figure. This world cup, America has had to face some pretty bad teams and because they were new to the group stage scene they exploited this and beat other teams flukily. Now they met their match, Germany, they are finally out of the world cup.

Even if they won the World Cup, this doesn't mean they're going to dominate it every single time it comes. Just look at France and Argentina, both favourites to winning the World Cup and they didn't even get through the group stages.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think you're right allardini.

The Americans will win it sometime soon, and when they do they should dominate for quite a while.
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:43
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think you're right allardini.
>

Mind control always did work.
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:03
"Uzi Lover"
I seriously thought and still think that Ireland could of won this World Cup, or at least got into the final.

Just look at how good Korea are doing. South Korea versus Ireland would and could had been a great match, it's a shame. I'm glad those Koreans knocked out those coach drivers though, I think they now deserve to go on and win the cup itself.

It's quite sad to see all these 'great teams' not performing well but again it's good to see it happening.

Who you all routing for in half an hour? Senegal? I'm going for them, though I don't mind who go through. I'm just happy that there will be two underdogs in the semi-final along with two bigger nations.

Come on you underdogs.

Great World cup.
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:06
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:

>
> Come on you underdogs.

A Senegal vs. South Korea final would kick.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:46
Regular
Hmm, I was suprised the U.S.A have done so well in this World Cup. I usually enjoy watching this team get knocked out in the first stages every single time. Unfortunately they have proved me wrong this time. Next we will have Americans thinking that they can beat us at our own game!
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Football or Soccer will never be big in the U.S.A, simply because kids grow up and want to play in the NFL, NBA, NHL or the MLB.

They may have done well in this World Cup but it will not last. Do you now expect to see teams like America, Senegal, South Korea, Japan or even Turkey in the last 16 or whatever in place of the likes of Holland, Argentina, Portugal and France.
Sat 22/06/02 at 15:00
Regular
John Arne Riise wrote:
> Football or Soccer will never be big in the U.S.A, simply because kids
> grow up and want to play in the NFL, NBA, NHL or the MLB.

Too right. Did anyone see the ITV coverage before the game where they were asking Americans about the tournament? Those who clamied to be huge fans of the team did not know who they were pleying next or ehich stage they had reached.

> They may have done well in this World Cup but it will not last. Do you
> now expect to see teams like America, Senegal, South Korea, Japan or
> even Turkey in the last 16 or whatever in place of the likes of
> Holland, Argentina, Portugal and France.

No, I do not think this will last either. The major teams are bound to kick their game into shape after some of the performances.
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:32
"~do i look funny?~"
listen, I think that this year has been a great football year. The world cup has brought some great surprises and has gotten a lot of great footballers recognition. Small teams like Korea and senegal have gotten their players signed to teams like LIVERPOOL!

The great english game (and all other leagues) will benifit from this new wave of footballing genius.

As for america..... they played a poor portugal team, the worst I have seen in years.

Senegal, beat sweden (phht)

Korea beat a poor italy side, poor in the sense of team spirit, not on individual ability. They also beat a Spanish team (who ireland should have beat) and now face a german team that, six months ago, was said to be the worst german team in 20 years.

well, considering they have gotten to the semi finals and are ranked 2nd on the greatest world cup performance charts of all time, their not doing so bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.