GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming For Non-Gamers"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/08 at 21:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm looking for PC games that would suit casual, newbie and non gamers. My sister is after games for her new pc and i'm looking to get my mum onto the pc. Obviously if i had a Wii this would be easy. The only one that comes to mind is The Sims. Anyone got any others?
Wed 16/04/08 at 19:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Zoo Tycoon? Rollercoaster Tycoon (not number 3 as it's awful)

My sister and my step sisters used to love these games and I must admit there issomething deeply satisfying when causing rollercoasters to crash and setting the lions loose.

Sim City is also a good laugh.

Avoid Deal Or No Deal unless it's some sort of supercomputer from another universe as the amount of power required to reproduce Noel's zany shirts is immense.
Wed 16/04/08 at 18:30
Regular
"DigitalBloodSports"
Nin wrote:
> I'm looking for PC games that would suit casual, newbie and non
> gamers. My sister is after games for her new pc and i'm looking
> to get my mum onto the pc. Obviously if i had a Wii this would be
> easy. The only one that comes to mind is The Sims. Anyone got any
> others?
Crimson Skies for PC is the most fun you can have on a computer She will like it better if you get her a Joystick with Twistgrip rudder. but thats it System requirments only 8mb vid ram so it will run on any computer Gaming machine not needed and beleve it or not people still play it on line.
" If you don't know how airplanes fly you will think all planes fly this way. And if you do know how planes fly you will wish all planes would fly this way."
***NOT The Xbox Ver its rubbish***
Thu 03/04/08 at 14:34
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Machie wrote:
> I'd suggest Civ IV but I don't think girls have the mental skills
> to play such a stratergy game.

My sister likes Civ IV. But she agrees that Civ III is better :p
Thu 03/04/08 at 01:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Ah, Metaboli requires an internet connection unfortunately.
Thu 03/04/08 at 01:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Garin wrote:
> As well as
> plenty of casual games, theres also stuff like Desparate
> Housewives, Hospital Tycoon, Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie,
> Law & Order, Myst and so on.

Thats probably more like it. No flash games on the pc because it has no internet at the moment.
Thu 03/04/08 at 01:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Depends on the people I guess. My mother likes playing shoot'em ups. But she also likes doing stuff like jigsaws online. And my future mother-in-law likes playing adventure games (actually shes currently playing FF-10). As a place for to start, something like zone.com is good. Not only does it have the classic flash games like bejeweled, it also has more advanced casual games that require installation.
If you wanted to jump in a deep end, could do worse than get a months subscription to Metaboli. As well as plenty of casual games, theres also stuff like Desparate Housewives, Hospital Tycoon, Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie, Law & Order, Myst and so on.
Thu 03/04/08 at 00:43
"possibly impossible"
Settlers II Anniversary edition, any pet sim, card games go down well as well, though windows already has freecell.
Wed 02/04/08 at 21:48
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I suggested Rome Total War but apparently females dont like strategic war games and have no plans for world domination.
I dont understand women at all
Wed 02/04/08 at 21:21
Regular
I'd suggest Civ IV but I don't think girls have the mental skills to play such a stratergy game. Go for Sims II, women like decorating houses and telling people what to do.

;)
Wed 02/04/08 at 21:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm looking for PC games that would suit casual, newbie and non gamers. My sister is after games for her new pc and i'm looking to get my mum onto the pc. Obviously if i had a Wii this would be easy. The only one that comes to mind is The Sims. Anyone got any others?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.