GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX games on the PS2? Who Agrees 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 16:31
Regular
XBOX games look great, but they have copied some PS2 games for it. I hope Sony copy games from them e.g. Halo, Dead or Alive 3 etc. Even though it is only on the XBOX, it would be trash if the Sony won't try to copy. Who Agrees?
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:31
XBOX games look great, but they have copied some PS2 games for it. I hope Sony copy games from them e.g. Halo, Dead or Alive 3 etc. Even though it is only on the XBOX, it would be trash if the Sony won't try to copy. Who Agrees?
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And Sony are going to get Halo how..................?
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:39
Cyclone wrote:
> And Sony are going to get Halo how..................?

Don't look at me! Sorry, never thought. BUT I think I know.....a settlement or a deal!
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sony couldn't make a deal with bungie (who made the game) even if they wanted to. The company was bought out by microsoft, and I can hardly see the MS letting one of it's copetators get it's no.1 selling game.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:19
"High polygon count"
Sony are getting several games which were previously to be Xbox exclusive.

Presumably this is due to the lower-than-expected sales of the machine.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:33
Regular
No dig at the PS2 but it could not handle the likes of Halo, Dead Or Alive 3, RalliSport etc etc. The PS2 struggles to deliver Max Payne, Spider Man plus a lot more mediocre games that are great on other consoles. Do not take this as a dig it is just the truth, Halo would be practically impossible to run on the PS2 especially when it uses the Hard Drive so extensivly.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:46
"High polygon count"
garbe123 wrote:
> No dig at the PS2 but it could not handle the likes of Halo, Dead Or
> Alive 3, RalliSport etc etc.

Yes to all of the above. Aliens Colonial Marines already looks as good as Halo, DoA3 is almost identical to DoA2, and RalliSport is no different to WRC2001 - including the dreaded "middle wheel" syndrome.

> Halo would be practically impossible to run on the PS2 especially when
> it uses the Hard Drive so extensivly.

There have been a couple of developers who have already said that Halo would be perfectly possible on PS2, and Sony are already *rumoured* to be working on a Halo beater.

The other thing with Halo is that, despite its good looks, it get extremely tedious and repetitive towards the end of the game. (Yes, I do have it, and it is now 7 or 8 weeks since my Xbox was switched on.)

The thing with the Xbox at the moment is that there are no must-have games coming out, and there haven't been since launch. Every week I go into shops looking for something to buy to make me turn the machine on again, and every week it's the same damn games staring out at me from the shelves, driving me that much closer to trade it in.

There's nothing wrong with the Xbox as a machine, but it's failing dismally on the software front.
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:01
Regular
Halo beater? Doubt it very much, in fact I don' think the PS2 will survive the next 2 years as it is up against very good oppostion.

The graphics on DOA3 ar far improved on DOA2 and yes I have owned/still own the games and trust me the Xbox utilises the extra graphical power to great extent.

Answer me this question then:

If the PS2 can match the graphical power of the Xbox why are the ports no where near as good? i.e Max Payne, Spider Man, Burnout, Fifa World Cup 2002 etc.

I don't want to start listing the boring figures and stupid console war arguments etc, but the Xbox Is far more powerful in every way over the PS2 and this has shown in the games.

Before I sold my PS2 I took note of all the games that I had really enjoyed and I could count them with 2 fingers, but after owning an Xbox for 10 weeks I have already got a handful of amazing games that I like and with even more amazing ones due out. The frame rate with a lot of the PS2 games was appauling and I ran up against constant slow downs, I am yet to find this on the Xbox.

Believe it or not, Halo on the Xbox runs at 30fps, but this isn't PS2 Max Payne 30fps this is Xbox 30fps which is a totally different thing. After reading an extensive article on the frames per second it really showed how far apart the PS2 was in terms on graphical power and how fast the games run.

I hope the PS2 does really well but I can't believe you are comparing the graphics of 2 consoles that are almost generations apart. Good luck to the PS2 and I hope you do get some more great games.
Sat 22/06/02 at 10:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The PS2 will survive the next two years, by the end of 2002 sony claims that the console would have shifted 50 million units,. X-Box and GC have'nt even sold their first million, so I don't see how they are going to beat the PS2 from the top of the console spot. Add to that a few great looking games coming out over the next year or so, and I'd say if anything, sony have bright future ahead of them.
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:30
Regular
That's bull, last figures showed that Gamecube has sold over 4 million consoles so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.