GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 09:58
Regular
Console wars, I mean whats going on? The Playstain battling the N64 for ultimate supremacy. People would say the Playstation won, but why did the Playstation win? I believe that the Playstation won because of the amount of the games produced. Others would say it was because the Playstation was just overall a better console.
But at the end of the day the n64 with 64 bit, with Playstation only an abysmal 32 bit. Soon the Game boy advance comes out at a 32 bit in your hand! Now Sega joined the war making it Nintendo vs Sony vs Sega. The Dreamcast came out at high antisipation of its fans. It is a 128 bit which you would think would compleatly wipe the floor with the Playstation and the n64. So nintendo and Sony started work on a new consel to be back fighting for the top. The results are the Playstation 2 and the Game cube. The X box is the new console from Microsoft but its only as good as a pc in console mode. It is set to be 128 bit tieng with Sega's Dreamcast.
The Playstation 2 and the Game cube are going to have a hard battle because they will be well ahead of Microsoft and Sega. One thing that people are looking forward to on the Playstation 2 is it's built in DVD player which does boost the price upto a huge £300.
The Playstation2 and the Game cube are roughly the same but the Game cube is comming out a year later so that Nintendo have that time to improve their console.
Has Sony Made a mistake adding the DVD to have the price at £300 which is well over some peoples price range?
Half of me thinks it was a good idea because DVD is breaking into a new age and everybody wants one but many cant afford it so the othe half of me believes that it was a bad idea because of the price.
So the people who cant stretch to a spare £300. So in steps the Game cube and everybody wants it i think that is when Game cube hit the top and Sony will hit "rock bottem". Nintendo are working on the new Gameboy advance which everyone will want because it's just as good as a Playstation in your hands to take with you any where.
Also it can be used as a Game cube controller which will also make anyone with a Gameboy advance want a Game cube.

My conclusion of the console wars will see Game cube rule supreme.

My friend believes that the Playstation 2 and the Game cube will both be hard battling neck and neck when the Game cube pushes marginly ahead because of the fact that Nintendo have a whole year to add improvements to their design.

By Sam Parham.
Sat 04/11/00 at 22:27
Thats a good point sam, I think the Gamecube will be just marginly better than ps2 because of the extra year in develepment. oh and by the way why does everyone seem to suck up to this grix person?
Mark F
Sat 04/11/00 at 22:27
Thats a good point sam, I think the Gamecube will be just marginly better than ps2 because of the extra year in develepment. oh and by the way why does everyone seem to suck up to this grix person?
Sat 04/11/00 at 15:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that was great, Grix!! Although, I wouldn't like being someone who's looking out for a person who's got a talking brain, an ant that miniaturises everything so he can use them, and...is there anything weird about FantasyMeister??? Hmmmmm...
Sat 04/11/00 at 13:44
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Nice, very innocent, you'll probably give that kid nightmares, whenever he leaves his house he has to keep looking behind him for mad guys with talking brains, not the kind of lifestyle i'm looking for. Sony won because they sold more consoles and games, they had more advertising yet people say that the quality wasn't as good as other console, I remeber when I used to say these things, but Grix has a point, try and think of something with a little originality, I don't want to come on here to see topics with 200+letters or topics which have been written 20 times before.
Sat 04/11/00 at 13:36
Regular
Grix, Ant and Fantasymeister all creep round the wall...

"Ohh! I might win a game for this!" Says Sam. "What's the forum called? Ah, The Future of Gaming."

"I know! I bet NO-ONE, EVER, has written about the new consoles coming out! I'll write something about that! I'm bound to win!"

Grix passes the knife to FantasyMeister.

"Console Wars! What a great title! I also bet NO-ONE ever, in the history of the world, has thought of that title!"

Ant crawls slowly towards the power switch.

"Ah finished! I think I'll choose my game now."

Ant turns off the power. Grix jumps Sam, and pulls him back agaisnt the wall. Fantasymeister does what has to be done...

They leave a note on his body : "This is what happens, if you write about Console Wars."
Sat 04/11/00 at 09:58
Console wars, I mean whats going on? The Playstain battling the N64 for ultimate supremacy. People would say the Playstation won, but why did the Playstation win? I believe that the Playstation won because of the amount of the games produced. Others would say it was because the Playstation was just overall a better console.
But at the end of the day the n64 with 64 bit, with Playstation only an abysmal 32 bit. Soon the Game boy advance comes out at a 32 bit in your hand! Now Sega joined the war making it Nintendo vs Sony vs Sega. The Dreamcast came out at high antisipation of its fans. It is a 128 bit which you would think would compleatly wipe the floor with the Playstation and the n64. So nintendo and Sony started work on a new consel to be back fighting for the top. The results are the Playstation 2 and the Game cube. The X box is the new console from Microsoft but its only as good as a pc in console mode. It is set to be 128 bit tieng with Sega's Dreamcast.
The Playstation 2 and the Game cube are going to have a hard battle because they will be well ahead of Microsoft and Sega. One thing that people are looking forward to on the Playstation 2 is it's built in DVD player which does boost the price upto a huge £300.
The Playstation2 and the Game cube are roughly the same but the Game cube is comming out a year later so that Nintendo have that time to improve their console.
Has Sony Made a mistake adding the DVD to have the price at £300 which is well over some peoples price range?
Half of me thinks it was a good idea because DVD is breaking into a new age and everybody wants one but many cant afford it so the othe half of me believes that it was a bad idea because of the price.
So the people who cant stretch to a spare £300. So in steps the Game cube and everybody wants it i think that is when Game cube hit the top and Sony will hit "rock bottem". Nintendo are working on the new Gameboy advance which everyone will want because it's just as good as a Playstation in your hands to take with you any where.
Also it can be used as a Game cube controller which will also make anyone with a Gameboy advance want a Game cube.

My conclusion of the console wars will see Game cube rule supreme.

My friend believes that the Playstation 2 and the Game cube will both be hard battling neck and neck when the Game cube pushes marginly ahead because of the fact that Nintendo have a whole year to add improvements to their design.

By Sam Parham.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.