GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 09:58
Regular
Console wars, I mean whats going on? The Playstain battling the N64 for ultimate supremacy. People would say the Playstation won, but why did the Playstation win? I believe that the Playstation won because of the amount of the games produced. Others would say it was because the Playstation was just overall a better console.
But at the end of the day the n64 with 64 bit, with Playstation only an abysmal 32 bit. Soon the Game boy advance comes out at a 32 bit in your hand! Now Sega joined the war making it Nintendo vs Sony vs Sega. The Dreamcast came out at high antisipation of its fans. It is a 128 bit which you would think would compleatly wipe the floor with the Playstation and the n64. So nintendo and Sony started work on a new consel to be back fighting for the top. The results are the Playstation 2 and the Game cube. The X box is the new console from Microsoft but its only as good as a pc in console mode. It is set to be 128 bit tieng with Sega's Dreamcast.
The Playstation 2 and the Game cube are going to have a hard battle because they will be well ahead of Microsoft and Sega. One thing that people are looking forward to on the Playstation 2 is it's built in DVD player which does boost the price upto a huge £300.
The Playstation2 and the Game cube are roughly the same but the Game cube is comming out a year later so that Nintendo have that time to improve their console.
Has Sony Made a mistake adding the DVD to have the price at £300 which is well over some peoples price range?
Half of me thinks it was a good idea because DVD is breaking into a new age and everybody wants one but many cant afford it so the othe half of me believes that it was a bad idea because of the price.
So the people who cant stretch to a spare £300. So in steps the Game cube and everybody wants it i think that is when Game cube hit the top and Sony will hit "rock bottem". Nintendo are working on the new Gameboy advance which everyone will want because it's just as good as a Playstation in your hands to take with you any where.
Also it can be used as a Game cube controller which will also make anyone with a Gameboy advance want a Game cube.

My conclusion of the console wars will see Game cube rule supreme.

My friend believes that the Playstation 2 and the Game cube will both be hard battling neck and neck when the Game cube pushes marginly ahead because of the fact that Nintendo have a whole year to add improvements to their design.

By Sam Parham.
Mon 06/11/00 at 21:30
SORRY GUYS I'M PRETTY NEW ON HERE AND I GUESS I DIDN'T KNOW!!!
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:28
Regular
Nothing. But calling the title console wars and saying stuff that we could have pulled out of our rectums with tweezers, (No offence) can be a bit irritating.

Originality is the key, and if it was a really original piece, then I would be congratulating the writer. I have done in the past, so I'm not just saying that.

We're not having a go at you, by the way, unless you're two people, in which case, we are.

Typically, something like the above is boring to read, and just makes life on here boring.

To make people read it, (We're ALWAYS going on about this...) type in paragraphs. It is so much more interesting then. Easy to read.

Ok? Good. I don't hate you and I have nothing against you either, so don't worry, and don't reply throwing abuse at any of us.
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:00
What the hell is goin on, iv'e got nothing against you grix, why's everybody haveing a go at me? oh and whats wrong with writing about consoles?
Sun 05/11/00 at 14:55
Regular
Don't worry, it's just when people post console war posts all over again, it just gets too much.

I am happy yo welcome newbies, as sometimes they actually stay after winning, (SHEEPY, Guru, are some of the newbies that have stayed, not so much newbies any more...)

"One message winners" annoy me though.
Sun 05/11/00 at 14:53
SUCK UP TO GRIX??? I DON'T THINK SO!! I was thinking that maybe my Ant colony should keep him hostage!!
Sun 05/11/00 at 03:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Saz, this is an open forum, you go ahead and post as much as you want. Don't let anyone put you off, because all are welcome here. They don't really mean it, they are just joshing around, and if you post regularly you'll see that we are only having a bit of fun. So rap away. (Just make sure it rhymes.)
Sun 05/11/00 at 02:20
Regular
Ah, poor naive Saz/m, comes here with good intentions of joining the club, thinks the discussions and even free game seems like a good idea, gets corrupted by greed, gets slapped like ab itch by the regulars...

Don't worry, soon you'll lose all hope of winning anything, and all will be well.
Sun 05/11/00 at 00:14
Regular
Grix person, hey! I was a newbie once! Respect your elders!
Sat 04/11/00 at 23:44
Regular
"not dead"
>The Playstain

Though that has to be one of the funniest mis-spellings ever.
Sat 04/11/00 at 22:37
Regular
Cuz I'm so cool, like...

It comes to a time, where everybody starts to hate newbies. So I think I'll start a new topic...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.