GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone Else Received A Little Blue Book From Sony ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 01:14
Regular
Rumours are rife that Sony are sending out some booklet to all those people who pre-ordered. Stories of this "Little Blue Book" are spreading through the PS2 comunity like wild fire. Is this the same brochure that has been mentioned in an earlier post? Or is this something new?

The only concern that i have is.............why send out a brochure, and a letter explaining that the next letter you receive will be your collection notice, this late in the day?

Is this a nice gesture by Sony, giving us this booklet with reviews of all the top games at release, tech specs of the coveted console, and just about all you need to know about PS2, inside and out, or is there a more sinister reason behind this "gift".

I refer back to a post i left a while back, you know, the one about the rumoured delay, the one that even I discarded as tripe (in the end anyhow :~>). Could.......it........be........... NO it couldn't be true, no way...........they wouldn't do that, not this close to launch, it would be suicidal.

But then why send it at all. A letter that basically says the same as the first confirmation letter, this close to launch, to me it seems a bit strange, but hey, as i said earlier, it could well be just a nice gesture.

Roll on the 24th............................
Thu 09/11/00 at 23:13
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Just what i needed to raise my spirits.

Thanx.
Thu 09/11/00 at 23:07
if u dont get one on launch day thas a big if. i spose the best thing to do is start buying accessaries and games for it, so when you get the console (if u dont get it on launch) your PS2 will have enough ammo to keep you locked away for ages
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:55
Chill, your get one
Thu 09/11/00 at 18:57
Hey guys, let's just wait for the confirmation letter to hit the doorstep. I know i have been one of the worst for listening to speculation, and for going on about the launch day, but i think i am in serious danger of becoming PS2'd out. So much is being said about the launch, and i don't want to see this forum being reduced to the depths of the playground. ("i'm getting mine before you")

The fact is we all have a very good chance of getting our PS2's on or around the launch day, so lets just content ourselves with that. The confirmation letters should start hitting the mat by the middle of next week, so the first to get theirs should post up here, and the rest of us will follow.
Thu 09/11/00 at 14:54
There IS a reduction BUT they are just taking back the pre-order forms that havent been filled in. Aparently less than 165'000 had been filled in so we should all be okay.

I sincerely hope so!!!
Thu 09/11/00 at 14:41
there isn't a reduction anymore infact idont think there ever was, and i know i'm getting one now..
Thu 09/11/00 at 14:29
Regular
If you hve followed the tread of what Sony have said in their OFFICAL press releases they have always said that the completion of the forms got you on to the queue anyone completing the forms from those shops or web sites that have only recently started taking orders will join the queue after those that have ordered on the 7th Sept. This was borne out in yesterday relases from Sony PR see earlier post on reduction in allocation to 165,000.
Thu 09/11/00 at 11:32
well thats not entirely true, because some shops wouldn't take orders till a little while ago.
Thu 09/11/00 at 11:15
Regular
Damo

You have missed the point to my last post. We both preordered on 7th Sept however your confirmation letter is dated 22/9 mine 12/10. However my blue book letter is dated 24/10 yours 31/10. See my point the date you receive your PS2 is not determined by the date of letters received so far but rather the date you preordered which for those that preordered on 7th Sept should receive a machine on 24th Nov.

The completion of the preorder form is the key to when you will get your PS2
Wed 08/11/00 at 23:02
I got the date of my first confirmation letter wrong- it was dated 22/9/2000. Is there anybodies that is any earlier than that? Does that probably mean that I am right at the front of the queue and have a good chance of getting one on Nov 24th?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.