GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone Else Received A Little Blue Book From Sony ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 01:14
Regular
Rumours are rife that Sony are sending out some booklet to all those people who pre-ordered. Stories of this "Little Blue Book" are spreading through the PS2 comunity like wild fire. Is this the same brochure that has been mentioned in an earlier post? Or is this something new?

The only concern that i have is.............why send out a brochure, and a letter explaining that the next letter you receive will be your collection notice, this late in the day?

Is this a nice gesture by Sony, giving us this booklet with reviews of all the top games at release, tech specs of the coveted console, and just about all you need to know about PS2, inside and out, or is there a more sinister reason behind this "gift".

I refer back to a post i left a while back, you know, the one about the rumoured delay, the one that even I discarded as tripe (in the end anyhow :~>). Could.......it........be........... NO it couldn't be true, no way...........they wouldn't do that, not this close to launch, it would be suicidal.

But then why send it at all. A letter that basically says the same as the first confirmation letter, this close to launch, to me it seems a bit strange, but hey, as i said earlier, it could well be just a nice gesture.

Roll on the 24th............................
Sat 04/11/00 at 01:14
Rumours are rife that Sony are sending out some booklet to all those people who pre-ordered. Stories of this "Little Blue Book" are spreading through the PS2 comunity like wild fire. Is this the same brochure that has been mentioned in an earlier post? Or is this something new?

The only concern that i have is.............why send out a brochure, and a letter explaining that the next letter you receive will be your collection notice, this late in the day?

Is this a nice gesture by Sony, giving us this booklet with reviews of all the top games at release, tech specs of the coveted console, and just about all you need to know about PS2, inside and out, or is there a more sinister reason behind this "gift".

I refer back to a post i left a while back, you know, the one about the rumoured delay, the one that even I discarded as tripe (in the end anyhow :~>). Could.......it........be........... NO it couldn't be true, no way...........they wouldn't do that, not this close to launch, it would be suicidal.

But then why send it at all. A letter that basically says the same as the first confirmation letter, this close to launch, to me it seems a bit strange, but hey, as i said earlier, it could well be just a nice gesture.

Roll on the 24th............................
Sat 04/11/00 at 09:07
hey kieran, i got one of those blue book thingy's it's quite cool although i would prefer the confirmation letter. the book shows the process of making and sending across the world ,shows a pic of the plane supposedly with the ps2's landing in london uk. it also shows loadsa games even munch's oddeysee which shouldn't be in there, some artwork , accesories more games , pics of people who bought it and so on.

roll on november 24
Sat 04/11/00 at 11:41
Regular
The little blue book is the same has previous posts which i received early last week. It does start you thinking about why this has been sent out this close to launch before and not with the collection letters.

Is this Sony's way of breaking it slowly that there is to be a further delay. The helpline says 24th Nov is 100% firm but we know they have been wrong before. I hope Kieran is right and the collection letters are on their way i am sure we will hear it first when one of us received this magic notice.
Sat 04/11/00 at 12:18
I want the blue book!!!!
Sat 04/11/00 at 21:48
I want the blue book too, but I really want the confirmation letter, my post has been really unreliable and I hope that I get it soon!!!
Mon 06/11/00 at 00:53
Do you think that the books are being sent in the same order as the confirmation letters will? I noticed an order number on the letter with the book.

I dont see Sony delaying the PS2 any longer. The bbok is just a publicity thing to whet your appetite for the PS2. Theu know that the people who have pre-ordered are dedicated gamers and so they are simply giving them the info they want.
I liked it!
Mon 06/11/00 at 15:00
I received my Blue Book on Saturday and I agree that it is just a publicity thing and a bonus to make us pre-order folk feel special. I thought it was a nice gesture by Sony but I think it would have been sensible to remove 'Munchs Odyssey' as it is no longer going to appear on the PS2.

Oh well I suppose it probably wasnt worth wasting the money reprinting all the booklets. This could be a collectors item one day as if they print anymore I would imagine that they will take the reference to 'Munchs Odyssey' out.

By the way I spoke to Sony UK the other day and they assure me that:

"The letters notifying of collection dates will begin to be dispatched in approximately a week. This will depend on when you placed your pre-order."

They seem to be leaving it right to the wire but who cares as long as I get my PS2 on the 24th.
Mon 06/11/00 at 19:16
I havent got my blue book yet!!! Maybe its been lost in the post!!! Help, I pre-ordered on September 7th and I think Im not going to get one on Nov 24th because I didnt get a blue book! Reassure me please!!
Mon 06/11/00 at 19:40
Regular
Do you think a blue book makes all the difference?

Oh, you do.

Ok.

Sorry.
Tue 07/11/00 at 00:10
My "Blue Book" hasn't arrived yet either Damo, so i phoned the helpline to enquire. They told me that the packages have not been sent out in any order, and that everyone who has pre-ordered SHOULD receive one in due course.

It had better be on my door mat in the morning or the postman gets it..................!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.