GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would you take a penalty for your country?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
I know its easy to sit at home and presume that you would have the guts to take a spot kick for your country if it came to a shoot out. But what would it be like?

I like to think I would stand up and be counted, but I am sure the pressure that I would feel would be overwhelming.

Would you take a penalty?

If so, how would you take it?

Would you try and place it or power it?

Would you take a big run up or just take a couple of steps?

Does anyone take penalties for their own sides?
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:04
Foreman wrote:
> I would hit it very low and very hard towards the left post aiming at the water bottle if theres one there.

It's always satisfying to hit the water bottle. Especialy if it makes it spin, like Owens goal against Denmark.
Tue 18/06/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I would take a long run up always looking at the ball. I would hit it very low and very hard towards the left post aiming at the water bottle if theres one there.
Mon 17/06/02 at 18:45
I used to take penalties for my Sunday League team - and never missed one over 6 years (around 20 penalties kicks). However, the WORST penalty I ever took was in a semi-final shoot-out. I was usually very calm taking penalties but suddenly lost my bottle and fluffed the kick. Luckily the keep dived to the left and the ball bobbled down the middle. It was a bit like Spain's last penalty against Ireland - but worse !!. We eventually lost the shoot-out and the guy on our team who failed to score actually hit his penalty far better than I did.

The key to taking a penalty is to either keep it very low or hit it high - as it takes longer for a keeper to get down or react and jump. Most penalty saves occur when the ball is hit around waist height or slightly lower. The risk of hitting it high is that you might lean back and send it over the bar. I think you gain most success by hitting in very low. The shot shot be firm but should be placed wide of the keeper, preferably along the ground or about 6-12" off the ground - they are the hardest kicks to save.
Mon 17/06/02 at 17:17
I would tahe one and blast in ito the corner or curl it in the corner depending on the mood and how lazy i feel
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
depends wether I can be bothered with a run up but the ball is curled into the left hand corner with a bit of lift.

The goalie would never save it but it has hit the post a couple of times.
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:44
"High polygon count"
I never really took many penalties, but when I did, the goal seemed very small all of a sudden!
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Bobba you"
Depends what kinda postion I was in if it was the first one yes I would but if it was if I miss my country go out I woudlent.

I would put alot of power into it. I see your point of saying about all the pressure on the players but pros shouldent be missing 4 pennos!
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
Short run up then place it in the bottom right hand corner - I never use to miss!
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:35
Regular
"England skipper"
I would take a penalty for my country, and i would put it to the left of the keeper.
Mon 17/06/02 at 12:31
"Darkness, always"
Yes, and they miss because they don't train regularly for penalty kicks. People become regular penalty takers on the sole basis that they can put them away more often than not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.