GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is medal of honour....."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 15:52
Regular
coming to the xbox???
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've heard that when it comes to FPS games, Microsoft are urging developers to include an option where players can fully customize the controls they want like in Halo. Wether developers like EA actually do this or not is another matter of course. But it would be nice if this option were available.

As for the PS2 pad - I found the analogues too close together and centre when it comes to games like FPS. I'm a lot happier using the X-Box pad for this genre.
Tue 18/06/02 at 20:06
Regular
Well sorry 'mr freak who likes games'.

Allied Assault is not coming out on the xbox, and Frontline is.
I was not bragging about the PS2, I do have one, but I am also buying an Xbox, and soon after that I will also be buying a Gamecube. So I dont really care for any of the consoles, and i certainly dont care about which you believe to be the best console. I just care about the games.
Tue 18/06/02 at 19:41
Regular
neilc, shut up. PS2 controllers are uncomfatable and the control system for it (as Mantis has just told us) is annoying and slow. If u wanna brag about PS2 go sumwhere else. Xbox is the daddy! Hopefully when allied assualt comes out i want the control system to be the same as Halo.
Tue 18/06/02 at 19:33
Regular
and youre never gonna be an airline pilot
Tue 18/06/02 at 19:30
Regular
well actually the ps2 pads are good for FPS.
Tue 18/06/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
neilc wrote:
> What is it with people not being able to cope with looking and turning with one stick and walking strafing with the other?

I can cope with it you fool, Halo uses excatly the same set up.

It's just Frontlines aiming is either way too unresponsive, or too sensitive. There is no happy medium. The sensitivity of the aiming cannot be customised and the aiming cannot be inverted ie up is down and down is up. Max Payne, My Halo set up and games like Goldeneye use inverted aiming, so playing frontline is very confusing.

Aiming should be instinctive, it takes me only a second to zero in on an enemy's position in Halo but with frontline it takes about 5 seconds, by the time the guy is in your sights, you're dead. That is unnaceptable for a fast paced FPS.

Playing the game really shows that the PS2 pad isn't suitable for FPS as its uncomfortable having your thumbs streched tot he centre of the pad. The GC or Xbox pads are much more suited to this genre.
Mon 17/06/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
ah i see cheers mate
Mon 17/06/02 at 23:05
Regular
Allied Assault was the full unadulterated PC version of the latest Medal Of Honour game, and Frontline is the toned down version for the ps2. Both are good games.
Mon 17/06/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
so what the differance between front line and allied assult?
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:30
Regular
THE CONTROLS ARE NOT CRAP!

What is it with people not being able to cope with looking and turning with one stick and walking strafing with the other?

I can use it either way, it doesnt bother me. This is so contol thing is really annoying me! One day everyone is gonna be playing first person shooters with this setup. Its so obviously the most efficient way to play.

Why is it that all the best FPS players on Counterstrike, quake etc use a keyboard to walk/strafe and the mouse to look/ turn??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.