GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ireland vs Spain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 10:52
Regular
Just like to wish the paddies good luck for today.

I reckon they have a chance, we've seen what they can do, and Spain are the ultimate-underachievers.

2-1 either way methinks
Sun 16/06/02 at 22:12
John Arne Riise wrote:
> 'Tis a bit late to practice penalties now. They have now had some
> experience in the World Cup and hopefully they can become better from
> here.

Yes thinks they should have though of prenalties before hand at least Englad have come prepared this time so if they do fluff it up its there own fault.
Sun 16/06/02 at 22:10
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
'Tis a bit late to practice penalties now. They have now had some experience in the World Cup and hopefully they can become better from here.
Sun 16/06/02 at 21:50
Maybe the Irish will go away a practise there penalties they were awfull. Bye all accounts from what i have heard England have be praticing a lot more this tornament taking it more seriously it could mean the difference of winning or loosing.
Sun 16/06/02 at 21:30
Yeah Unlucky Ireland you deserved the win :(
Well done ENGLAND 3-0 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BRING it On Brazil/Belguim
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:43
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Ireland were so unlucky. Despite them losing, for me it felt like England going out to Argentina last year. I felt so gutted for some reason. I thought they've been brilliant throughout this tournament, and against Spain they were truly the best team. Yes, the spanish goalkeeper did a good job, and luck just wasn't on the Republic's side.

Felt so sorry for them missing their first penalty, but was so happy they got the second one in. They had the Spanish on the ropes throughout that entire game, even the players on the bench were starting to sweat, and for good reason.

They played fantastically against Germany, and now Spain, some of the best sides in the world. They've truly proven themselves in this world cup to be one of the great countries in the world, up with the standards of England... some quality players maybe dubbed as the England B team, but Duff was fantastic in this game, and their tackling skills were tremendous. More importantly they played as a team, there was a real sense of friendship within that team, and why Roy Keane wanted to leave when he did, I have no idea. However Ireland have shown they don't need that what's his name Keane to play well, they've got the good Keane. I just wish Robbie had taken that first penalty as well. Maybe then they might have got where they deserved in that quarter final.... Poor Republic.

Three cheers anyhow. Hip hip hurray. Hopefully we will be seeing more of this great team in other tournaments.
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
davyboy wrote:
> Doesnt think they will be No1 in the rankings much longer finishing
> bottom of their group must have been a nighmare for them and lets face
> it they were downright poor there seemed no spirit in the team. When
> you look at the England team there is that Confidence about them,what
> is it unbeaten in 18 games Cambel and Ferdinand hmmmmm wonders if that
> is some sort of record too.

It can't be unbeaten in 18 games as Italy beat us only a couple of months ago. Their confidence will be boosted now that their wives and partners have come to join them as well.

I think it was like when Brazil had an injured Ronaldo in the '98 final and just didn't play well because of it, France suffered the same because their main player Zinedine Zidane was out injured and was not 100% in their last game.
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:09
John Arne Riise wrote:
> davyboy wrote:
> Yes I agree thats why I have said dont write off Belgium they have
> the
> players that can score . If i remember rightly they beat france
> resently 2-0 in a friendly
>
> That's quite an achievement even though beating France seems quite
> easy at the moment.

Doesnt think they will be No1 in the rankings much longer finishing bottom of their group must have been a nighmare for them and lets face it they were downright poor there seemed no spirit in the team. When you look at the England team there is that Confidence about them,what is it unbeaten in 18 games Cambel and Ferdinand hmmmmm wonders if that is some sort of record too.
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
davyboy wrote:
> Yes I agree thats why I have said dont write off Belgium they have the
> players that can score . If i remember rightly they beat france
> resently 2-0 in a friendly

That's quite an achievement even though beating France seems quite easy at the moment.
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:02
John Arne Riise wrote:
> The worst bit of the whole match was the not the penalties at the end
> though. It was the fact that after Harte had his particularily feeble
> penalty saved, Kinsella with an open goal and no-one marking him
> managed to blast it wide.

Oh yes what a plonker rodney
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
The worst bit of the whole match was the not the penalties at the end though. It was the fact that after Harte had his particularily feeble penalty saved, Kinsella with an open goal and no-one marking him managed to blast it wide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.