GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lads Army - Hit or miss?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/06/02 at 18:37
Regular
30 lads...4 weeks...back in time. Yes, that's right, it's Lads Army, ITV's fly-on-the-wall documentary, set in the 1950s. 30 young 'boys' have to survive just like the army men in the '50s. With all the physical strain of not being able to see their families, and haveing to totally change their lifestyles, two people have already left. One leaving due to medical reasons, and one escaped by climbing the barbed wire fence. So, who here watches it? Who's your favourite lad? Which section do you like best? Which Corperal is the best? I personally like 1 Section and their Corperal. So, is it a hit or miss? Judging from my knowledge of watching every episode, I say it's a great thing, and closely, although not half as good, follows Sky's Boot Camp.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's brilliant!!
The only decent thing on ITV and yet another thing that's much better than Big Brother!!

My dad watches it too - and he's always complaining about how they've got it 'easy', and that'd it'd be much worse if they weren't being filmed.

The Ozzbornes is another great programme! :)
Sat 29/06/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Ive only watched 2 episodes, but both were great. Its a good laugh, especially that guy who smiles all the time and constantly gets ripped into by the corporals for it.
HIT!
Sat 29/06/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Hit!
Sat 29/06/02 at 21:07
Regular
Corperal Nauyokis is funny. That's why I like him. That song is set to be released on a Lads Army album, set to hit the shelves of Woolworths, and all other good music stores, after this Friday. I like Michael Honzick, bloody funny bloke. Only 18 too. My favourite guy who was on the show was Nicky Sanford, only he ran away.
Thu 27/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"¬_¬"
"Corporal Nauyokis - you are a star
We really love the way - you can throw our kit so far"

Nice one. :)

Yous's is not doing yous's duty. Puff puff puff.

I found it funny how crippled corporal Nauyokis was - he couldn't pick up that bin full of coal. Granted, it must have weighed a tonne, but he looked like such a cripple when he tried to pick it up... :-D
Thu 27/06/02 at 18:44
Regular
"\\"
wolf got a good shouting at

heheheheheheheheeheehehe

and now hes been thrown out

muhahahahahahahahhahahah
Thu 27/06/02 at 18:24
The guy with the Tash and Specs is hilarious.

"Aghhh, 'eft, 'ight. 'eft, 'ight. -Uncoherant Screams"
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:12
Regular
So they don't shout at him and call him a 'shower of s...'. You get the picture.
Sun 23/06/02 at 21:46
Regular
"That's right!"
It's funny seeing them struggle with the most basic of drill

I used to be in the air cadets (yes, you can laugh, but at the time I thought I was destined for a career in the RAF/army) when I was about 12, so I've done all the stuff they do (marching, lining up etc) and it's pee easy, don't know how anyone could have trouble with it. But then again, my mate is in the TA and he can't march to save his life, the officers laugh at him for it...
Sun 23/06/02 at 21:01
Regular
So far it's brilliant, and this week, it's not only on Monday and Friday, but Tuesday too! WOOOOOO. Anyway, who thinks Pitman trying to do a runner was good? Also, who's your fave lad? Mine was Nicky Sanford, bloody funny block, didn't lack a bit of humour!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.