GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal Of Honor - too easy????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 13:33
Regular
Got this game last night and had a quick go for only about 40 mins, but i've already got to level 3 i think.(stowed away in submarine) I had it on medium level but really found it too easy. I wasn't really sat down concentrating playin, just havin a quick go. I like games to last, so i'm getting worried that it will be over too soon. Does that game get alot harded or should i start again on the hard level?

Mark
Sat 15/06/02 at 18:58
Regular
Eanson wrote:
> In the second level, where is the interrogation room?

yeah thats a bagger to find, i remember i was stuck on this bit last week. Go into the room which looks barracaded up with pieces of wood, crouch down and there should be a gap. Then you will find a tunnel.
Sat 15/06/02 at 18:49
In the second level, where is the interrogation room?
Sat 15/06/02 at 11:47
Regular
"Bobba you"
Quinty wrote:
> Oh and a piece of advice, when you get the latter stage of the mission
> and come across a moving tank, dont use the pansershreck missiles, get
> on the machine gun, its the most effective way of not gettting the
> tanks attention.

Hey thats where I was going wrong thanks for sharing that tip :)
Sat 15/06/02 at 11:16
Regular
illzen wrote:
> I'm just on the Arnhem Knights level at the moment... and it's not
> easy. You're fighting through a town, and there's Germans, tanks and
> machine guns all over the place... plus some allies trapped in various
> places... who I keep shooting in the face with a shotgun... oops

Yeah, got through that mission a few days ago. Apart from the Omaha Beach mission its the best one ive played on. Iknow what you mean about shooting your own allies, its really dark and especially with some of the Germans in tiger like suits its hard to tell the difference. Apart from the tanks, i found that the hardest thing was to spot the roof-top snipers and get into a decent position without them stopping you.

The allies AI is preety poor as well, the amount of times i needed covering fire was getting on my nerves.

Oh and a piece of advice, when you get the latter stage of the mission and come across a moving tank, dont use the pansershreck missiles, get on the machine gun, its the most effective way of not gettting the tanks attention.
Sat 15/06/02 at 08:24
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Liz_Clay wrote:
> i fgured it out..
> im stuck in the u-boat....i've already disabled the
> engines....however!
> HQ is telling me to climb the ladder in the vent to escape....but for
> some reason...it keeps saying that the door at the end of the ladder
> wont open
> what ladder is it talking about?

If you've only just disabled the engines and your in the same room as the engines, then it's the wrong ladder. The explosion that stopped the engines has created a hole in some piping, so go back to the spot where you planted the bomb and you will see a hole has appered in the piping, go down it.

I hope this is the info you need soldier, now carry on your mission and hury up, your country need you!!!

Over and out!
Sat 15/06/02 at 06:12
i fgured it out..
im stuck in the u-boat....i've already disabled the engines....however!
HQ is telling me to climb the ladder in the vent to escape....but for some reason...it keeps saying that the door at the end of the ladder wont open
what ladder is it talking about?
Sat 15/06/02 at 02:04
Quinty wrote:
> Liz_Clay wrote:
> hey.. i'm just new to the game.. but how do i get out of level 3..
> the ladder bit.. it doesn't seem to budge.. u guys know what i'm
> talking about? do i need to press something or blow something up?
> thanks..
>
> I did this a while back, can you give me more details of what points
> you have passed etc and i'll be able to reply

uhmm.. i'm right at the start of the game..level 3 i think... its just past the bit about the submarine.. my objective is to set explosives.. i'm stuck underground. and i have to go to a ladder which leads to the way out.. but when i'm at the ladder, the opening doesn't seem to budge. I'm not sure whether I have to do something to let others know i'm down there or if there is another ladder anywhere?.. Quinty think right at the beginning.. i just started playing the game that's y..
thanks for your help.. i really appreciate it..
Fri 14/06/02 at 23:07
Regular
"Bobba you"
moh_fan wrote:
> your right this game is way too easy i rented it out of blockbuster
> for 2 night rental i completed it on easy with gold star on every
> level so then i tried in hard i got 3 quarters of the way through hard
> mode before i had to return it

I think that is bull$h!t!!
Fri 14/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
Call yourself a MOH fan eh???!!??

Well if you want some good (im sooo modest) advice on the game go down a bit and find my long post, or just listen to this.

Right the game is easier when you first start out. This was done deliberatly by Dreamworks to lure you into a false sense of security. Your saying the first few levels eh? well the Omaha Beach mission is the easily the most spectacular of them all, but more significantly its the easiest- by far. Then the next one is an absolute doddle even my kid brother could do that on hard. Trust me when you play it for a week you will comw back on here and say "Im stuck, please help".

I got the game on the release date and was on level 3 after less than an hour of playing. This was because on the second mission there are barily any enemy to contend with. This is in sharp contrast to the last mission im on now where you have about 7 men and three tanks to take out in one foul swoop. sounds sick does'nt it?

Anyways, back to my main point. After whizzing through the first few levels i thought i'd be able to complete the whole thing in less then a weekend. But still here i am after 2 whole weeks of progreesing through on hard mode and ive still not completed. Alas, i come to my final point, in early missions you simply just walk into the enemy's arms and they are easy to take out. On latter missions, you have to watch out for the odd tank and the numerous roof-top sniper's which are a real problem to find.

I hope i have'nt put you off the game, im just saying dont be so complacent. And im not going to go through a stack of spoilers like last time. Anyways enjoy it when you get it, it seems you like MOH so much, i can tell you you will not be dissapointed- i certainly was'nt.

Quinty
Fri 14/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
your right this game is way too easy i rented it out of blockbuster for 2 night rental i completed it on easy with gold star on every level so then i tried in hard i got 3 quarters of the way through hard mode before i had to return it

or maybe its just me since i am a f.p.s fan and have played so many.

overall thou i'm still gonna buy the game because it has brilliant A.I and graphics and sound effects and no matter how easy it is its brilliant

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.