GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal Of Honor - too easy????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 13:33
Regular
Got this game last night and had a quick go for only about 40 mins, but i've already got to level 3 i think.(stowed away in submarine) I had it on medium level but really found it too easy. I wasn't really sat down concentrating playin, just havin a quick go. I like games to last, so i'm getting worried that it will be over too soon. Does that game get alot harded or should i start again on the hard level?

Mark
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:33
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Got this game last night and had a quick go for only about 40 mins, but i've already got to level 3 i think.(stowed away in submarine) I had it on medium level but really found it too easy. I wasn't really sat down concentrating playin, just havin a quick go. I like games to last, so i'm getting worried that it will be over too soon. Does that game get alot harded or should i start again on the hard level?

Mark
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:46
wrote:
> I've been playing it through on easy level... it does get harder but not impossible.... I've the same worry as you... not the longest game in the world.
I've almost finished it in one nights play (granted it was a long nights play !!)
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Bobba you"
Well yes it gets really harder.

What do you expect for the first levels!
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:09
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Ok, i know there has to be some sort of learning curve, but it's a 1st person shooter, for pete's sake. How much is there to learn? move and shoot that's it.

It was just all to easy.

Anyway, I'm sure i'll be back on here in a few days sayin "i'm stuck, it's too hard"

Loved the 1st level to bits.
Wed 12/06/02 at 18:05
Caramento...

I've learnt a new word in a computer game!
Wed 12/06/02 at 19:21
Regular
Look, ive almost completed the game-got it on Friday.

Mate, you say your on level three? well there are 19 levels so you can hardly say that the game does'nt last long. Secondly, just to emphasize what Reddy said, the missions get harder and harder each time. The missions that you have completed have been really short, the latter ones take a good hour to complete on hard.

Anyway if you really find it so easy then stick it on hard and i can tell you from first hand experience of doing this, its ruddy impossoble especially the Omaha Beach mission (the first)

Right let me give you some of the examples of the missions i've completed:

Arnhem Warriors: (or something like that i cant fully remember). At the start i can gureantee that you will die in at least the first few attempts at this mission. At the start you are thrown into a town packed with Nazi's and your job is to provide cover for your allies. First of all there are so many of them you will seriuosly struggle to keep your health to a steady rate. After that little ruckus, you advance on the forst of many Nazi tanks you have to encounter in this long mission. Not only do you have to contend with the powerhouse that is a mighty German tank, there are many snipers up on roof's which are hard to spot and normally take ages to get rid of. Basically this will take a couple of goes to get through. Then even worse, you have to repeat this process 3 times. This mission will take you the best part of an hour and a half.

Ride Away: (or something like that) well this is the current mission im. Ive only had a couple of goes but from what ive seen so far its virtually impossible. You start on a runaway train, Firstly you have to contend with a tank come train like feature that absolutly pelts a hail of bullets out of you. Then after easily picking off a couple of sleeping nazi's, (now thats what i call fun) you are confronted by another two of those tank come train type things i spoke of earlier. Even then you have to be carefull of the other Nazi's picking you off. Then i keep dieing. This mission is going to take me a very long time. Should take you the same.

So there you are just 2 of the latter missions which you will encounter on your way through the game. Back to your orginal question mate, Why is it not long enough well this is probably for a couple of reasons:

1) You must have noticed the amount of detail put into the game. Its incredable and must have taken ages to develop.

2) Im basically still preety impressed with the fact that they have created 19 missions. This is because every mission is so different from the other. One minute your gazing at the lovely windmills in the tranquil Dutch countryside then the next minute your battling your way out of a busy and high risk town.

And just to re-assure you it will get harder not easier. Just you wait and see.

Quinty

P.S sorry about the length of the post but i get carried away talking about a game i adore so much, you wont regret your buy.
Wed 12/06/02 at 19:55
I got the game yesterday and i also found it easy but my god today the manner misson took me 4 tries to do it also i have heard its even harder i have also noticed that the missions get longer as u go on.If its too easy switch to hard then on d-day u dont stand a chance i tried it and couldnt even give them men cover fire
Thu 13/06/02 at 00:39
Regular
I played the demo round a mates house and couldn't get the hang of the controls, I would have had better luck hitting the controller with my face.
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:30
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Ok, thanks guys, i now know it gets alot harder. I only asked this because i have been looking forward to this game for ages and didn't want to be dissapointed, as the most anticipated level (omaha beach) was over too fast for me.

Quinty, thanks for advice but i didn't read your full post as it looked like it had loads of spoilers in it, which is not what i'm after.

Right, i'll get my tin helmet back on and head on up the beach.

"Clear the ramp!"
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Have any of you lot got the game on the PC? I have a GAD to claim right now and dont really know what to get. So i was wondering, is this game any good and is it a better idea to get it on the PC or PS2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.