GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstion 3 general chat"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/06/02 at 13:50
Regular
Who thinks it will happen i do

talk about ote you like guys and girls
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:50
Who thinks it will happen i do

talk about ote you like guys and girls
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:26
Regular
"Bobba you"
It is going to happen in 2005. You downlaod the games from in net, nearly every one knows this.

And stop spamming!
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:43
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
I know im new here and all that, but what is the point in this post?
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Stigy wrote:
> I know im new here and all that, but what is the point in this post?

No point at all. It seems cirus would like to become a regular pretty fast, so spamming crap like this will help him get there faster.
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:51
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Wont he get banned if he carries on?
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:54
Regular
"England skipper"
More than lightley.
Sun 09/06/02 at 14:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A SR staff member threatened banning for spammers a few weeks back, but I think that was just a warning. No doubt someone will report him if he continues to make spam threads like this, spammers aren't very popular to this forum, so cirus better shape up.
Sun 09/06/02 at 15:29
Regular
"es argh"
I see reynolds is back (Cirus)

There is proof everywhere. He said his e-mail was [email protected] and Turbonutter did a topic about him in FOG.
Sun 09/06/02 at 15:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
In an attempt to relate this tread to the forum title...

Ok, so Sony make the PS2, and release it. For months they have had hardware teams working on it, and now these people have no work to do. Options:
1) Fire them all, thus losing all hardware staff for the next console
2) Find them something to do.

So, as you'd expect, the Sony staff began to develop the PS3- a month after the PS2 release. Before I give you the details, let me point out that Sony announced all this info in a press conference, and that Nintendo, Microsoft and even Sega did, and have done the same things with their consoles (although I'd guess the Dreamcast successor project has closed).

So, the details. Well, the hardware Sony expects to be available in the market in 5 years hasn't been invented yet. So all the people "making" the console are really doing is guessing what will be around then (based on Sony's chip production plans), and manufacturer statistics to begin to make a console around these imaginary parts.

The processor, according to Sony's head of R&D, will have 1000 times more processors than the PS2 chip. Now that's quite a big deal- and it should tell you that Sony know something about the breakthroughs happening in chip technology that we don't!

With this much power the console should be near to photorealistic in terms of graphics- if they could pull that off it would be amazing.

More plans that Sony announced was that these chips, that Sony would make, would be used in other products like servers and mainframe computers. Which implies to me that Sony may be going back to a PC based console architecture... but I could be completely wrong on that.

Finally, you may ask why Sony has released such info. After all, Sega only announced they were working on a new console (and no more) and Nintendo and Microsoft have been very silent. Well, the reason is for investors. By announcing such future details it places faith in the compay to deliver and proves their willingness to do so. Add to this that these details were announced at a time that Nintendo's Gamecube was coming out, and a Microsoft console was HEAVILY rumoured, and you see that Sony needed something to show they weren't going to lose sight of the market.

Sonic
Sun 09/06/02 at 16:00
Regular
"es argh"
oooh. A little de ja vu there Sonic ;)

I've seen that somewhere before, but where?...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.