GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"4 - 1 Favourites?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 21:39
Regular
Which bright spark made Argentina the odds on favourites to win the bloody world cup?
To me they look more like 15 - 1 on, Gabriel Batituta, one of the worlds best forwards? Your havin laugh. Within thirty seconds of kickoff he had already tumbled into Sol Cambell.

Overall it was a disgraceful performance by the Argentinians, unsportsmen like, their mane aim was to injure us English.
They were disrispectful in 1998, and they havn't changed much in four years, still hacking, still sly.

The one thing that was proved today was that Argentina are no one, we walked all over them in the first half, and in the second half it was the same, well it was for the first twenty minutes at least, after that we were ablismal, i couldn't bear to watch, it was tense. The whistle went, my floor was shaking, they had done; Sven Goran Erickson's team had done it, they had beaten the favourites!!!

So whats in store for Argentina, and more importantly England. Will Sweden win or hopefully draw, and it's more than likley that we will beat Nigeria.
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:34
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I think Alan Hanson summed it up nicely after the game. He said, "The Argentine's didn't play badly because they had an off day, they played badly because we forced them to."

For the majority of the game, we were first to the ball, more competitive and created better chances. I suppose all that doesn't matter because, in the end, we won :D.
Sat 08/06/02 at 09:26
Regular
"England skipper"
The Argies played $hit football, we over ran the midfield and deserved to win.
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Lol, England tok the game to Argies...

It was Argies that played like liverpool for 75 mins

then only attacked for 15!
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Liverpool get the job done - most of the time!
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:07
Regular
Longster wrote:
> Oh and "Come on Nigeria" it's abit lame don't you think

About as lame as Englands Liverpool style performance today.
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:02
Regular
"WWJD"
Oh and "Come on Nigeria" it's abit lame don't you think
Sat 08/06/02 at 01:01
Regular
"WWJD"
There not all playing though are they, i mean young people who are actually playing now.

Well im off now anyway all i can say is

WE SCORED ONE MORE THAN YOU!......ENGLAND! (not aimed at you Ortega, just an out burst)
Sat 08/06/02 at 00:57
Regular
We all knew Batistuta was past it before the comp started. You onjly have to look at his last season for Roma. I think he only scored 4 goals.

Crespo was the main man in qualifying and he was the top scorer with 9 in 12 games i think. Crespo should have started against England.

Argentina have lots of young talent in thier squad. Saviola has had a superb first season with Barcalona and is still only 20. But he didnt even make it to this world cup. Pablo Aimar is also still very young and has a great future ahead of him.

There is also Riquelme and D'alessdandro who will light up Argentina's midfield in a few years time...
Sat 08/06/02 at 00:51
Regular
"WWJD"
Did you see the Simione when Beckham was about to take the penalty how unsportsmanship can you get he was just being... well a Wiener he went to shake his hand and the goaly trying to put becks off it's just not on, but good old Beckham he just focused he agnored Simione which i thought was very cool of him he wasn't having any of it and he put Simione back in his place
Sat 08/06/02 at 00:47
Regular
"WWJD"
Cyclone wrote:
> I hate to say this, but why are we so excited at winning? Becasue it
> was quite unlikely that we would.
>
> True, we played brilliantly, but we are not quite in the top TOP level
> of footie!

Yeah the argentines need new players, new younger players i think Batastuta is a bit past it now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.