GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else think that we can win this thing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 15:59
Regular
or are my emotions getting the better of me?

Well, weve beaten the Argies..

*Still Shocked*

I reckon we can just about beat anyone if we play like that!

England - Can we Win the World Cup?

I say yes we can.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> You also tend to get bad-luck for longer periods that good luck.
> Look at Man United in the September/October of the 1996/97 season!

Yeah, but look at all the others! Just HOW lucky have they been?! :-)
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
True, but that was only against Europe's big-guns, and we'll be up against the biggest National Teams in the world if we do somehow get somewhere in this competition!

I think we'll do well in Euro 2004 though.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:11
Regular
france are the perfect example of how luck can carry you. in the world cup and euro 2000. What are the odds of holland missing 2 penalties in normal time and then all but 1 in the shoot out. What is the odds of winning on golden goal in 2 matches against italy when italy out play you for 90%of the game. What are the odds of laurent blanc scoring 2 in extra time. Thuram scoring 2. taking on brazil in the final who looked amazing all tournament and are uttercrap in the finals. Sylvain wiltord scoring in the 93 minute in the finals when you are 1-0 down.

As france have shown luck can take you a long way
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, just look at how Arsenla won the double! ;D

But seriosuly though, I don't think any team could have good luck long enough to go all the way through one whole competition!
It may have just lasted for this one match, or it may go no further than the Nigeria game - who knows!?

You also tend to get bad-luck for longer periods that good luck.
Look at Man United in the September/October of the 1996/97 season!
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:52
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> Lucky - that's all the Argentina game was.

Even if that's true (I don't think it is, but that's besides the point), luck can carry you a long way.
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Um..... NO!!

I've honestly never thought we'd be able to win the World Cup!
And even if we did have a chance, that went a while ago when all the injury problems first started to occur!

We'll be lucky to get past the 2nd Stage!
Lucky - that's all the Argentina game was.
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:37
Regular
we can win it, weve got the squad but there can be only one winer in the end and out of about 4 or 5 teams that can win it 3 or 4 have to go home dissapointed. I reckon the likely winners (1 is most likely, 2 is good shot 3.is:
1.Brasil,italy

2.England portugal,germany

3.France, argentina,spain
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
Long long way to go yet. But who knows?

We've beaten many people's favourites with what was an excellent but not completely outstanding performance. We *can* play better than that - the question is 'will we?'

And perhaps more importantly, 'will we do it consistently?'

The last time we beat Argentina in a World Cup match was 1966, and while I detest harping back to 'the good old days', we all know what happened then. Though I admit, such 'omens' are largely irrelevant.
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
True, it was Argentina at the end of the day.
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:02
"Darkness, always"
If we play like that every game, yes.

But we won't...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.