GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ports or exclusives?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/06/02 at 16:18
Regular
Until the launch of gamecube PS2 rulled the gaming land. But then came along a small purple box and threw PS2 out on it's ass.Isn't it great!! The gamecube has taken over the gaming universe. etc.

What I was going to say was howcome we get all the gaming ports. Crazy-taxi, Sonic 2 etc.It's about time we got some original games. I know that we've got SSBM,Luigi's mansion and pikmin. Such a great console deserves great games. Right. After all it is great!! And most gaming companies have realised that. They have abandoned Sony and are now making their games exclusive to Gamecube (Resident Evil anyone!!) Or if they are not making their games exclusive they're still making them for gamecube(The "excellent in other peoples oppinions" FF10).

What i am asking is what games do you want to see transfered from other consoles and what games do you want to be made exclusive for nintendo? All in all which do you think is better? Ports or exclusives?
Thu 06/06/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Until the launch of gamecube PS2 rulled the gaming land. But then came along a small purple box and threw PS2 out on it's ass.Isn't it great!! The gamecube has taken over the gaming universe. etc.

What I was going to say was howcome we get all the gaming ports. Crazy-taxi, Sonic 2 etc.It's about time we got some original games. I know that we've got SSBM,Luigi's mansion and pikmin. Such a great console deserves great games. Right. After all it is great!! And most gaming companies have realised that. They have abandoned Sony and are now making their games exclusive to Gamecube (Resident Evil anyone!!) Or if they are not making their games exclusive they're still making them for gamecube(The "excellent in other peoples oppinions" FF10).

What i am asking is what games do you want to see transfered from other consoles and what games do you want to be made exclusive for nintendo? All in all which do you think is better? Ports or exclusives?
Thu 06/06/02 at 17:41
Some Games suit the cube more the others and it has grown up. There a a few exclusives which is more then you can say about the xbox. ie the new FF and RE and pikmin theese games suit the power of the cube. My suspion is although the Xbox is more powerful on paper,i think the cube is, you cant go bye Mhz alone to gauge power. I think there will be more exclusives coming too. Dont get me wrong the Ps2 although showing its age is still a good console and is still selling well and of course the Ps3 then takes over in 2005 but that is a long way off so is why i think the cube will forge ahead in exclusives and better ports.
It is know that the puplishing giants dont like the idea of doing exclusives to the Xbox cause there will not be anough sales. There will be port overs yes but not exclusives and other point about the Xbox is all its games are making there way onto the pc because of sales i suspect and the fact the xbox is a console pc. Also the other point is they go on about the hard drive , so what, you cant take the hard drive to your mates house but you can with a memory card.
All in all the future is bright for the CUBE.
Thu 06/06/02 at 18:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A) The gamecube has actualy been proven to be more powerful than the XBox (I did not say this, some report did! ;-)

B) Zelda, Mario, Starfox, ED, Turok 4 etc etc - all new games coming to the GC -I know Turok Evo is going too other consoles, but it is actualy being developd for the GC then is being ported onto other formats!

Just look at the release lists for this Autumn/next spring to see the gaming goodness heading our way!
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:05
Its strange that I senced the facts without knowing and yet be proven
Fri 07/06/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know what you mean, but at least with Sonic 2 you get to link it up with the GBA - something you cannot do with the DC version.
But still, we'd all prefer to have all new games like Crazy Taxi GC, and Sonic Adventure Cubed!

Simple ports are stil good for GameCube fans who missed-out on the original versions on the Dreamcast though.

At least we're getting all-new and exclusive Final Fantasy games though, and the old and a new Resi Evil game!

New and exclusive games from existing series' could really make the GameCube HUGE!!
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:15
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! I cant wait for my GBA i hear Zelda has two games in it the origanal snes and and new one
Fri 07/06/02 at 18:36
The GBA is littered with ports. OK, so it's from their own back catalogue, but they are still ports, regardless.

And I hate it - selling the GBA right away. At least I can spend more on the Gamecube (and other platforms) that way.
Fri 07/06/02 at 18:46
I agree to many ports can be a pain in the butt but its what sells
Fri 07/06/02 at 18:53
Yeah, maybe the good, original games will come later. Not including Pokemon.
Fri 07/06/02 at 18:56
DeltaJava wrote:
> Yeah, maybe the good, original games will come later. Not including
> Pokemon.

No one includes Pokemon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.