GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola WebMail petition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/06/02 at 15:26
Regular
This isn't intended to create hassle for the Freeola guys, but just to guage the requirements of users.

If you use Freeola for e-mail - either through the free service or through your own hosted domain - add your name here if you would like a WebMail interface to view your messages from anywhere.

I certainly do!
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:26
"High polygon count"
This isn't intended to create hassle for the Freeola guys, but just to guage the requirements of users.

If you use Freeola for e-mail - either through the free service or through your own hosted domain - add your name here if you would like a WebMail interface to view your messages from anywhere.

I certainly do!
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:35
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> This isn't intended to create hassle for the Freeola guys, but just to
> guage the requirements of users.
>
> If you use Freeola for e-mail - either through the free service or
> through your own hosted domain - add your name here if you would like
> a WebMail interface to view your messages from anywhere.
>
> I certainly do!

If you can't be bothered to wait til Freeola gets it's bum in gear, try this:

http://www.uebimiau.sili.com.br/

An excellent PHP-base Wedmail script thing. Send / Read e-mail, upload files, all sorts of fun things :o)

The only problem i've ever had is that if you put it on Freeola webspace, because you are 'uploading' files when you save your e-mail / attatchments etc, the freeola people delete them as you are breaking the Terms Of Service thing(am i making sense? i don't think i am! :o) ) so it's best to use a different host. But if you don't want to save your e-mail and just want the ease of checking / sending then it's perfect - i use it all the time and it's great :o)
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:39
Regular
".......on the attac"
Never gonna happen. Freeola wouldn't make enough money if they didn't force you to dial up on their number.

But sod it, I'll add my name and watch that pig fly as I log into my web mail server.
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:43
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> If you use Freeola for e-mail - either through the free service or
> through your own hosted domain - add your name here if you would like
> a WebMail interface to view your messages from anywhere.

what's the point? just forward ur freeola email addresses to a web-mail service like hotmail!
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:46
"High polygon count"
Lörd Hümüngöüs wrote:
> Never gonna happen. Freeola wouldn't make enough money if they didn't
> force you to dial up on their number.

Yeah, but they're also supposed to be introducing a paid service at some point, and this is when I want a webmail interface. They could certainly trial it on the free service.

No offence to the guys there - I know they do their best - but I feel they need to move quicker on these things.
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:51
"High polygon count"
Nimco wrote:
> what's the point? just forward ur freeola email addresses to a
> web-mail service like hotmail!

The point is:

1. Hotmail has limited space and is therefore useless as a mail store.
2. Hotmail will soon be charging for extra space.
3. If you forward the mail, as far as I know, a copy does not remain on the Freeola servers for you to collect later on your own PC.

So:

4. If your Hotmail account is full, messages will be bounced back to your Freeola account, which will forward the bounce to Hotmail, which will return it to your Freeola account... and so on.
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:55
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Lörd Hümüngöüs wrote:
> Never gonna happen. Freeola wouldn't make enough money if they didn't
> force you to dial up on their number.

You don't have to use their dialup to check your e-mail, so having webmail wouldn't reduce any revenue.
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:55
well just do what i do and use outlook express to access ur hotmail account at home. then every so often u can simply move emails from the online hotmail folder to a folder on ur pc for archiving... easy! u can also use outlook express to send msgs from hotmail or make them appear as tho they are coming from another email address...
Thu 06/06/02 at 16:02
"High polygon count"
I want this for work, not home.
Thu 06/06/02 at 16:05
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I want this for work, not home.

well use outlook express to access the emails at work then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.