GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Hit Counter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 22:34
Regular
Are you sure there hasn't been a problem with Freeola Servers? The hit counters on two of the sites I have designed both reset to 0 around the 29th May.
Wed 19/06/02 at 00:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
doc693 wrote:
> Or ... someone has found access to that directory.

What, and adding hits for you??? lol.

Where is your txt file hosted??? One the http accesable area (htdocs) or at the root?? (not the htdocs), and what type of file is it??? .DAT .TXT, etc?

I like the idea of checking the number has only been increased by one :o) Very clever.
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:50
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Hmmm. It couldnt last. At least this time it didnt reset to zero, but it went to (approx) 12,123,126 from about 12,000. Yes, I'd like to believe we'd had that number of hits, but I think once again its a case of more than one user updating the text file at the same time. Looks like I'm going to have to review that script again, so that it checks that the new number its replacing is no more than one up on the previous.

Or ... someone has found access to that directory.
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:25
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Hey, Nimco, at least I feel a bit better to find that it wasnt just my hit counters that went back to zero. Btw, the code I put in to detect when the counter value is 1, and if so, not to update the file, is working (at the moment).
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:34
nope, sorry, talk to turbonutter, he'll probably know - he has his voyeur cam set up. ;)
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Same here, well done.

Don't suppose you know anything about Video Clips on sites??? I would like to make some clips from TV/Video onto MPEG's with the best posible quality with minimum file size... you any good with that?
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:28
I have 6 web sites to make or update in the summer - i think i have my work cut out - i do get a 10 week summer hols tho :D
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Good luck, with all that Sun we are expecting :o)))))) I'll be out to muc to do anything to my site(s). Well, to be honest I wouldn't call them sites anymore, more like pages. lol.
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:25
cjh wrote:
> Mind you, if I were you I might consider not writing the HTML Code to
> the file, just the RAW data, just in case you wanna change the wayout.
> It would make easier work for you.

That's what I've done in my newer hit counter scripts. I just havent got round to updating this one yet - im going to in the summer tho... :D
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:22
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Seems ok to me.

Mind you, if I were you I might consider not writing the HTML Code to the file, just the RAW data, just in case you wanna change the wayout. It would make easier work for you.
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:19
here's the code i use - sorrry for spamming - and i know the code could be a lot simpler, i adapted an old hit counter i had made using a tutorial off the net...
--------------

$countfile = "_admin/$content.txt";
$statsfile = "_admin/$content.dat";

if (file_exists($countfile)) {
$fp = fopen($countfile, "r");
$output = fread($fp, filesize($countfile));
fclose($fp);

$count = intval($output);
}
else {
$count = 0;
}

global $ShowCount, $countfile, $statsfile, $count;

$month = date("M");
$day = date("d");
$year = date("Y");
$hour = date("H");
$minute = date("i");
$second = date("s");
$date = "$day/$month/$year $hour:$minute:$second";

$ipaddress = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");
$otherinfo = getenv("HTTP_USER_AGENT");

$fp = fopen($statsfile, "a");
fwrite($fp, "$otherinfo $ipaddress$date\n");
fclose($fp);
$count++;
$fp = fopen($countfile, "w");
fwrite($fp, $count);
fclose($fp);
?>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.