GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blinding Xbox website!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 17:18
Regular
www.XboxRules.com is a fantastic Xbox website. Update everyday with plenty of Xbox news and rumours, it's a fantastic place to learn about all things Xbox.

Go have a look, and sign up for the forum, you know you want to!

:-D
Sat 15/06/02 at 17:48
They will have to put a warning just before you join online games of something like

"Warning Foul Language may be heard please dont repeat the words"

Hehehehe
Fri 14/06/02 at 20:59
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Thanks Adrian,

All pages have been recoded to support 800x600 and also the forum.

The site also has speed tweaks and new features.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yeah it looks good in 800x600.
Fri 14/06/02 at 10:12
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well im trying a resolution for 800x600 users on the site.

CAN ALL 800x600 USERS HAVE A LOOK PLEASE :)

http://www.XboxRules.com

Only the first page has been recoded to allow for 800x600 users, but if people like it then I will recode the rest.

Thanks
Thu 13/06/02 at 14:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
But then the bad points you've mentioned (as good points as they are), are really no different to the risks that go with playing games online now. Not just games, but being online in general. As far as kids go, going into a chat room online can be just as risky as playing a game online.

Unfortunatly theres probably little that can be done, but maybe MS will come up with something.
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt1668 wrote:
> Thats one thing I hated about playing online games, to chat to anyone, you had to stop and type your message out, often leaving you open to cheap shots from opponents. Not only does the communicator help this, but the general chat between players will be a lot more efficient. You might want to warn a team mate about something thats behind them, but normally by the time you've typed it, its too late. So just being able to tell them straight away will help in these kinds of situations too.

I thinks its definately going to be an essential element to the X-Box Live experience that will make it so much better than the usual online gaming many of us have tried out.

The voice communicator sounds great and I'm interested to see what it will be like to use. You can alter you voice with it aswell to sound tough or wimpy , depending on what image you want when playing online.

I do have one fear with it though, how will MS moniter what is said and what will the rules be? MS are saying Xbox Live will be an online disneyland. What if you enter a game on Xbox Live and all you hear are people swearing and saying stuff you wouldn't like kids to hear.

I'm not offended by swearing or anything, it's just others might and a whole big issue might be raised about this. Parents might not want their children to uses Xbox Live as they may think it's dangerous talking to strangers.
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:14
Regular
Seriously that many? Cool.

I'd better keep adding some news then...

:-D
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:25
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
between 4000 and 5000 hits a day and rising.
Thu 13/06/02 at 09:58
Regular
How many hits are we getting a day on XboxRules now?
Thu 13/06/02 at 08:47
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
what if everybody is talking at the same time :p :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.