GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Game to buy next???"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 12:13
Regular
I have Max Payne

Halo

PGR

Obi-Wan sadly sratched cos I love that game

DOA3

Oddworld #

Amped

What Next
Fri 07/06/02 at 00:09
Yea I am looking forwars to swinging across buildings seems fun
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:54
Regular
I have read that the game is quite short but there are quite a few things to unlock and they will keep me going until my games from Microsoft come through. Since Spider Man has had this change from little kids stuff to more teenage action it has really appealed to me. I can't wait to get my hands on the game as I have seen all the trailers and read most reviews of the game and so far positive vibes have come off the game and onto me (lol now I really do sound stupid). On the serious side I am really looking forward to adding this game to my collection and then going to see the film! Spider Man, Spider Man, he can do what a spid.... Ok i'll stop now.
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I've never played spiderman, looks good though. Supposidly quite short from the reviews I've read, which I don't really like. I like to get value from games, ones with take a reasonable time to complete.

Apart from lightgun games, there stupidly short, but I love em. Can't wait for House of the Dead 3.
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:38
Regular
The PS2 version of Spider Man is no where near as good as the Xbox version according to everything I have read so far. The Xbox version is supposedly the best verion of the game with 2 extra levels, smoother textures and no frame rate problems. I'll just have to wait until my GAD comes through! I am really looking forward to playing it though.
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:38
I think I will buy Spiderman tommorow
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Gun metal looks really good. Some of the screenshots of the game look like really epic battles, and all the lazers remind me of Rogue Leader.
The way you can shift between Jet and Mech looks cool, it should add an extra dimension to the gameplay. I'll probably wait untill I play a demo of it before I hand over my cash.

I would go for JSRF if anyone is thinking of picking up a new game. Approch it with an open mind, and chances are you'll love it like me. Sure, it could be argued that it's a bit simplistic, and there is one stinking song in an otherwise great soundtrack. You can't deny that it's loads of fun, original and, to fully complete it, it's a huge challange.

Try the demo of it next month in OXM if your not sure.
Thu 06/06/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
garbe123 wrote:
> Usually when a game scores more than 80% in 10 seperate reviews you
> know that it is a winner. Spider Man is pretty cool already but I
> think the game will ring him more into the public focus. It is just my
> opinion as you asked what game to buy next.

Well the reviews have been a bit mixed for Spider Man. Official Xbox mag gave it 8/10, X-Gamer gave it 6/10. PSW also gave the PS2 version 6/10. IGN rated it 8.4/10 and Gamespot 7.5/10. User reviews have tended to be a bit mixed, but quite a few of them are 9/10 or 10/10. It looks a fun game and I should get my copy tommorow, still abit worried whether all these poor reviews are spot on compared to the high scoring marks.
Thu 06/06/02 at 17:10
Regular
Usually when a game scores more than 80% in 10 seperate reviews you know that it is a winner. Spider Man is pretty cool already but I think the game will ring him more into the public focus. It is just my opinion as you asked what game to buy next.
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:22
garbe no offense at all intended but how do you know its one to own as you haven't played it yet
Thu 06/06/02 at 15:16
Regular
I have chosen Spiderman as my GAD, the game gets great reviews and includes a lot of unlockable features, great game to own and one to buy in my opinion!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.