GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website building tips"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 10:36
Regular
Hey i am buildin a new website and wanted to know how i can make it more attractive. Should i have the same colour for the page background or should i change it for different topics.
Tue 04/06/02 at 10:36
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Hey i am buildin a new website and wanted to know how i can make it more attractive. Should i have the same colour for the page background or should i change it for different topics.
Tue 04/06/02 at 19:30
Hallo, welcome to the forum.

I would say keep your background colour the same on each page.

Generally, try and keep your site to a consistent look-and-feel. Notice how this website looks pretty much the same no matter where you go on it. This is so users can understand where the important stuff is, and not have to get used to different menus and colours etc, in different parts of the site.

Above all else, do not use frames.
Wed 05/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would recommend keeping the colour the same on each page. That way, users don't think they have been posted to another, unknown website outside of your one. Even though they haven't been posted to another one, they might think they have because of the change in colour.
Wed 05/06/02 at 19:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would recommend keeping the colour the same on each page. That way, users don't think they have been posted to another, unknown website outside of your one. Even though they haven't been posted to another one, they might think they have because of the change in colour.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:57
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
I vote for keeping the same colour, too. Something reasonably soothing, and a colour that a) doesnt clash with the text and b) keeps the text legible. I've seen so many sites that make you cringe with the way they mix colours - like cyan on light blue ... do me a favour.
Oh, and please, make it a solid colour, not a textured image background.
Thu 06/06/02 at 13:17
Regular
"keep your receipt"
A clever trick to avoid having to use a frame for your side-menu (if you want one) is to make the background have one side a different colour. Just make a background image something like 1px down and 1024px across (or whatever size you're building your site) and then shove it in.

Having the same colour background, the same sidemenu and same title should make your site look very professional. Look at this site as an eg.
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:10
Regular
funkygamer wrote:

> Above all else, do not use frames.

I used frames, look i think there all right:
http://www.gtacenter.op.st/
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:39
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
What are frames ?????
Thu 06/06/02 at 22:16
Alexj17 wrote:
> What are frames ?????

frames is a technique to display more than one web page on one screen. u will have seen them if u find a site that has a menu bar that doesnt move when u scroll down the page, and remains when u refresh
Fri 07/06/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Frames are the spawn of Satan, and the one whom created them should be eaten alive by many small gohpers wearing tutus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.