GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Controllers - Whitch Is The Best???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 07:55
Regular
I like the GameCube's controller it fits in your hands well and the only downside is the Z button is to near to the right sholder button. 9/10

The Xbox's controller is trash! it's hard to grip and the buttons are hard to press when you hold it. 3/10

The PS2's Controller is fine, but sony have made no attemt to make the origanal better. 6/10
Fri 21/06/02 at 03:39
gamecube controller is best cos it's deffo comfortable 2 me. heard some people have problem wiv Z trigger but i have no problem wiv. i was like n64 controller but not like it now cos after used play gamecube, the n64 controller is big and fat. haven't tried xbox cos not interest in xbox. didn't really like ps or ps2 controller. both is same and only difference is colour! 10/10
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:08
I have small hands for my age so the ninties controller will be good for me to use
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:04
Regular
Id have to say GC as its moulded to my hands perfectly, the X Box is to big so i have to move my hand from the position it should be in and the PS2 has its buttons positioned really badly.
Tue 04/06/02 at 14:16
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Webrhyno wrote:
Another problem with
> this pad is the XBox logo, it blinds you when the light catches it.

LOL ;D
Tue 04/06/02 at 14:12
Personnaly I feel that the N64 pad is the best pad for FPSs, due to the Z-trigger button and the C-buttons.
But as an all round pad I will just rate some out of Ten.
N64-7/10
Great for FPSs and all round the pad is good but awkward to get to L button whilst using the Anolog stick.
PS2-6/10
Good pad but a bit uncomfortable when playing, anolog stick are too close together. All in all a good pad.
XBox-7/10
Another pad which is good for FPSs, the pad is a bit chunky but yoy can get to all the buttons with relitive ease. Another problem with this pad is the XBox logo, it blinds you when the light catches it.
Gamecube-9/10
Great pad with just one minor problem, the Z button. The pad is really comfortable, due to it's ergonomic design. Can get to all the buttons with extreme ease, the D-Pad may seem small but is as easy to use as the GBA as it's the same size. Also the introduction of the C-Stick is another good move by the Big N as like the Xbox pad the two sticks can be used for FPSs, along with use for camera angles in other games which is the function it was produced for. The anolog shoulder buttons with concaves add to the comfort of the pad and give greater freedom in games like Racers. Only the one problem the Z-Button it seems out of place it should still be a trigger button (Don't Know how it'd work though)
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:53
Regular
"hit the road jack"
GAMECUBE- This controller is my fave. Not because its nintendo, its just simply the best. All the button are well placed (apart from the z button but i dont feel that uncomfortable). The concaved L&R shoulder buttons are very comfortable and the click at the bottom in effect give the controller an extra two buttons. The only complaint i have is the height of the X&Y buttons, if i press them slightly at an angle, they may not function well. The different colours are good because you can buy an extra one the same colour and your first one and make it match your cube. This pad lives up to the real name for a pad 'CONTROL' PAD.
9/10

X-BOX- Well the name speaks for its self, BOX! Its too fat and not enough grip. The tight cluster of coloured buttons at the top right of the pad are hard to press indvidually. The analogue sticks are too raied and are hard to steady. I like the idea of two trigger buttons underneath the pad.
Microsoft have produced another pad for younger gamers to use with more ease but i thought the X-BOX was aimed at adults? Why the huge X-BOX badge in the center of it?
3/10

PLAYSTATION 2- I quite like this pad, its easy to handle and all buttons are reachable. The two analougue sticks are better placed than the X-Boxes pad because 'sticks' themselves are shorter meaning we have more control over it. The in-built rumble motor is quite powerful but i find the rumble feature annoying so its usually switched off. The PS2 only has two control ports so only up to two players can play. Overall not a bad controller. Not as sweet as the Cubes but alot smaller, easier and alot more comfortable than the one from Microsoft!
7/10
Tue 04/06/02 at 09:08
most people agree that the cubes controler is the best..
I to hate the Xbox controller..
and the psx controler was ok ...
Tue 04/06/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
... point being?
Tue 04/06/02 at 07:55
I like the GameCube's controller it fits in your hands well and the only downside is the Z button is to near to the right sholder button. 9/10

The Xbox's controller is trash! it's hard to grip and the buttons are hard to press when you hold it. 3/10

The PS2's Controller is fine, but sony have made no attemt to make the origanal better. 6/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.