GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Controllers - Whitch Is The Best???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 07:55
Regular
I like the GameCube's controller it fits in your hands well and the only downside is the Z button is to near to the right sholder button. 9/10

The Xbox's controller is trash! it's hard to grip and the buttons are hard to press when you hold it. 3/10

The PS2's Controller is fine, but sony have made no attemt to make the origanal better. 6/10
Sun 23/06/02 at 10:45
I have used all types of controllers and the Cubes controller is the first one I feel at home with from the off. I love it
Sun 23/06/02 at 09:53
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i say the gc pad is best by far, but ur right about the d-pad, it would be better to have a snes size d-pad.

i may be talking rubbish now, but i think i remember either microsoft or nintendo releasing a different sized controller in japan or america(i cant remember many details at all, so i may be wrong) but if that was done, then theres a chance ninty will release a better controller if enuff people ask about it. that could give a better d-pad, and although the z-button isn't meant to be a constant trigger but it still needs improving for the small amount of time that you use it.

and although its been over a year since i last held a dreamcast controller, i do remember being impressed by it, it was quite good
Sat 22/06/02 at 16:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You all seem to be neglecting the Dreamcast pad.
The dreamcast pad was the ultimate. The Analogue stick was perfect; smooth and perfectly weighted. the D-pad was the right size, if a little tall, and the button placement was perfect. The L and R triggers were lovely and over all it was desingned perfectly for all Dreamcast games.
The GCs pad is fantastic, but it is just not good enough for THPS3.
The Xbox pad reminds me of my 3rd party dreamcast controller, which was terrible.
The PS2 pad uses the D-pad as the main control method, which isn't precise enough.
I think that the GC controller would be perfect if the D-pad was the same as on the SNES.
Oh well...
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:28
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Gamecube controller has got to be the best by far.
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:06
having used the ninty controller for a couple of days now i find it very comfortable to use and just fits snuggly in my hand ;0)
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:04
Phi11ip wrote:
> davyboy wrote:
> I have small hands for my age
>
> Not the kind of thing to admit!
>
> You know the saying:
>
> "Small hands, small...."
>
> :c)

that is a myth ;0)
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
davyboy wrote:
> I have small hands for my age

Not the kind of thing to admit!

You know the saying:

"Small hands, small...."

:c)
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:55
Regular
"going underground"
the ps2 controller is just the snes controller with analog sticks stuck on
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:29
U have to remember the Z button on the GC controller is not meant to be the same as the 64's. Its more of a toggle 0n/off button, not one for constant use.

The great thing with the 64s pad, is that in FPS's, it left both thumbs to move around, where as altthough it can be done with the GC pad, it might not feel as natural. But whatever, the Z button is definatly not for shooting!!!!
Fri 21/06/02 at 08:07
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
>JC941< wrote:
GAMECUBE- I too love this pad, the ergonomics are awesome!

X-BOX- Ergh! HOW BIG!! Anyone remember the Jaguar?

> PLAYSTATION 2- I lik ethis, could be improved on, but then why change something that isn't broke!

> The PS2 only has two control ports so only up to two players can play.

This is because the I/O controller is the same as the PS1 and doesn't support 4 Pads!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.