GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turkey unlucky?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 20:24
Regular
Brazil, Turkey, what a match.
However, I couldn't help feeling sorry for the Turks. Although they seemed to lose it in the second half a bit, I still think they deserved the draw if you look at how well they played despite being up against one of the worlds best teams. That penalty, wasn't a penalty, so I felt really sorry for them when that went in.

And Rivaldo's dive... I've never seen one so much pathetic. He may be a good player, and may have played exceedingly well in that game, but that's just not on. And Ronaldo for the penalty made sure he dived as much forward into the penalty area as possible to make sure the referee gave them that penalty.

World class football ruined by some bad sportmans in my opinion. Everyone wants to win, but I thought their attitude like many other footballers attitudes were not on.

People who dive spoil the beautiful game in my opinion. Comments?
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:13
"High polygon count"
I think the Turkish player would have been dismissed anyway, as it was a bookable offence and he already had a yellow card.

However I think Rivaldo should also have received a yellow card, as that sort of 'dive' in the penalty area would certainly have earned him one!
Tue 04/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I agree banning would be a more suitable punishment! Its just a shame to see one of the worlds best footballers play acting to get a player sent off.
Tue 04/06/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
He needs to be banned! Money means nothing to a footballer these days - unless it's how much they're earning!

I reckon he should miss the mext match, if not both of Brazil's remaining Group Matches altogether!
Tue 04/06/02 at 14:13
"High polygon count"
They said on TV earlier that Rivaldo was likely to get just a fine - of a thousand dollars/pounds (can't recall which).

For players today - especially those of that sort of quality - that's just plain ridiculous. It's like fining most of us on here a penny!
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Solskjær wrote:
> FIFA are now apparently looking into the Rivaldo incident closely now,
> and they may decide that certain actions may need to be taken.
>
> I doubt they can actually change the result or anything, but they
> could suspend Rivaldo - harming Brazil's chances of getting somewhere
> this summer!

They are most likely going to fine Rivaldo; which I think it's ridiculous.

France 98 was the year of the tackle from behind, and so any lunges that were deemed dangerous got an immediate red...yet this is supposed to be the year of divers, and play-actors. Surely Rivaldo should have been sent off on the spot. I think that a one-match ban is the bare minimum he should get.
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
FIFA are now apparently looking into the Rivaldo incident closely now, and they may decide that certain actions may need to be taken.

I doubt they can actually change the result or anything, but they could suspend Rivaldo - harming Brazil's chances of getting somewhere this summer!
Tue 04/06/02 at 12:33
"High polygon count"
Turkey aren't the only unlucky ones. Japan should have won their game against Belgium. Inamoto's 2nd goal was perfectly good, and should have been allowed to stand.
Tue 04/06/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Personally I think Brazil deserved the draw, Turkey played well and created good chances but Brazil were the better team on the day and had a goal chopped off which wasn't offside. Rivaldos dive was over the top but at the end of the day you can't kick the ball like that at another player, whether it hit him in the face or not.
Just like when Ray Wilkins threw the ball in the direction of the ref and got sent off.
I think that it could be close, Hakan Sas and co played well and show that they aren't there just to make up numbers. Don't you just love the world cup?? :-)
Mon 03/06/02 at 23:40
Regular
"England skipper"
Turkey were unlucky and did deserve a draw.

But what about rivaldo he was funny, but there was no need to exagerate that much.
Mon 03/06/02 at 21:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Rakuga wrote:
> And Ronaldo for the penalty made sure he dived as
> much forward into the penalty area as possible to make sure the
> referee gave them that penalty.

---

That was Luazaio.

Just letting you know, but I do agree with you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.