GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jokers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 18:16
Regular
Can someone explain why Teddy sheringham is at the world cup. I can only assume it is a thank you for scoring against greece. I was a big Fan of the SAS partnership but a sheringham has not played well since he left united and B andy cole has had twice as good a season as has jermaine defoe,matt jansen and kevin Phillips. Admittedly jansen would be a gamble and phillips hasn't done it at international level, but defoe should have been given a chance ibn the friendlies. Andy cole more than earned his place and can do everything heskey can do and more. (the word experience may be met with violence) (beckham ,Scholes, Seaman,campbell and gary neville who was injured after the initial squad deadline have more than enough experience due to england missing usa 94 and all the other players are fitter)

Emile Heskey-Andy cole,Defoe

Martin Keown-Very lucky to be in the squad sneaked in there at the end. John Terry and Johnothan Woodgate would have gone but cheated themselves. (i dont see why england punishes itself by banning its players when other countries players accused of crimes play for there teams. John Terry and Bowyer should be there as neither has been proven guilty. Woodgate is debateable as he has actually been convicted.)

Why aren't they Theres (apart from the fact they don't play for Man Utd,liverpool or Arsenal):

David Dunn
Lee Bowyer
Andy cole
John Terry
Jermaine Defoe
Graeme Le Saux
Shearer-Should have been begged on hands and knees to go.
Mon 03/06/02 at 18:16
Regular
Can someone explain why Teddy sheringham is at the world cup. I can only assume it is a thank you for scoring against greece. I was a big Fan of the SAS partnership but a sheringham has not played well since he left united and B andy cole has had twice as good a season as has jermaine defoe,matt jansen and kevin Phillips. Admittedly jansen would be a gamble and phillips hasn't done it at international level, but defoe should have been given a chance ibn the friendlies. Andy cole more than earned his place and can do everything heskey can do and more. (the word experience may be met with violence) (beckham ,Scholes, Seaman,campbell and gary neville who was injured after the initial squad deadline have more than enough experience due to england missing usa 94 and all the other players are fitter)

Emile Heskey-Andy cole,Defoe

Martin Keown-Very lucky to be in the squad sneaked in there at the end. John Terry and Johnothan Woodgate would have gone but cheated themselves. (i dont see why england punishes itself by banning its players when other countries players accused of crimes play for there teams. John Terry and Bowyer should be there as neither has been proven guilty. Woodgate is debateable as he has actually been convicted.)

Why aren't they Theres (apart from the fact they don't play for Man Utd,liverpool or Arsenal):

David Dunn
Lee Bowyer
Andy cole
John Terry
Jermaine Defoe
Graeme Le Saux
Shearer-Should have been begged on hands and knees to go.
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:11
Regular
I guess a argument againsnt Cole is that he Hasnt really performed well for England. But he has played just as well as Heskey...

Cole was the most inform striker towards the end of the premiership and I think he scored in each of his last 5 games.

The reasons i heard for Cole being left out is becasue he is not a very good "mixer". And apparently they dont want players like that in the England camp...But with Performances like the Sweden game it doesnt look like it made any difference...
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Most of them are because of their poor discipline, ie. Le Saux, Bowyer, Woodgate and Terry.
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still don't really see why Andy Cole was left out, but Sherignham was in mainly for his experience I reckon.

It's probably got something to do with the fact that he's not at a big club, but his form at Blackburn last season was excellent - especially in the Worthington Cup Final!

He's also proven what a great striker he is over the years.
Not only with 5 goals in one match against Ipswich, but goals-galore for Newcastle, United and even Bristol City!

Then again, I just don't see him linking up all that well than anyone other than Dwight Yorke. Maybe that IS why he was left-out??
Mon 03/06/02 at 21:35
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Sheringham's in there for reasons. Firstly, he brings experience to the team. Secondly, he is the only player who can naturally play the link role from midfield to up front. As for the players who you think should be there:

David Dunn - He was on standby just in case. Not enough experience and was looking dodgy in the U21 tournament.

Lee Bowyer - Discipline

Andy Cole - One word, CRAP

John Terry - We've got far better defenders so we don't need him.

Jermaine Defoe - Again, we already have enough strikers. Plus, if he were in, that would be 3 pace strikers, we need a mix of players.

Graeme Le Saux - Still injured i think. He tore his calf late on in the season.

Shearer - He's happy just playing for Newcastle. It wouldn't surprise me if Sven had asked him just in case.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:07
Regular
mills....erm?

Lee bowyer and john terry have been left out due to crimes that they have been cleared of or not yet convicted for and it is wrong to punish them if they are currently innocent.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:08
Regular
shepps said:David Dunn - He was on standby just in case. Not enough experience and was looking dodgy in the U21 tournament.

he looked fine to me and had a brilliant assist with barry.

le saux was fine at the end of the season and during the friendlies
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:13
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Àshley wrote:
> mills....erm?
>
> Lee bowyer and john terry have been left out due to crimes that they
> have been cleared of or not yet convicted for and it is wrong to
> punish them if they are currently innocent.

I agree with you, but we had no real other choices, it was that or Phil Neville. I'd play Wes Brown right back anyway. I wouldn't have Terry in the squad regardless, i think the defence we have there is better than Terry, we don't need him. As for Bowyer, it may not be fair, but his names been dragged through the mud, and mud sticks. I doubt we'll ever see him pull on an England shirt
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:19
Regular
I am a huge john terry fan. Mark my words he will be huge for england in the future and is by far the best young defender in the country.

Sven quote: If it was for his circumstances john would almost certainly be going

FA quote: I think we are looking at a player who could be england captain for 10years.

he is really dedicated and an excellent tackler. The U21 team missed him desperately in the u21 tournament and he is good at heading to.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
"I am a huge john terry fan." Thats fair enough, we all have our opinions.

"Sven quote: If it was for his circumstances john would almost certainly be going" Sven rates him, but i still feel our current defence is good enough.

"FA quote: I think we are looking at a player who could be england captain for 10 years." Note the important word "COULD"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.