GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jokers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 18:16
Regular
Can someone explain why Teddy sheringham is at the world cup. I can only assume it is a thank you for scoring against greece. I was a big Fan of the SAS partnership but a sheringham has not played well since he left united and B andy cole has had twice as good a season as has jermaine defoe,matt jansen and kevin Phillips. Admittedly jansen would be a gamble and phillips hasn't done it at international level, but defoe should have been given a chance ibn the friendlies. Andy cole more than earned his place and can do everything heskey can do and more. (the word experience may be met with violence) (beckham ,Scholes, Seaman,campbell and gary neville who was injured after the initial squad deadline have more than enough experience due to england missing usa 94 and all the other players are fitter)

Emile Heskey-Andy cole,Defoe

Martin Keown-Very lucky to be in the squad sneaked in there at the end. John Terry and Johnothan Woodgate would have gone but cheated themselves. (i dont see why england punishes itself by banning its players when other countries players accused of crimes play for there teams. John Terry and Bowyer should be there as neither has been proven guilty. Woodgate is debateable as he has actually been convicted.)

Why aren't they Theres (apart from the fact they don't play for Man Utd,liverpool or Arsenal):

David Dunn
Lee Bowyer
Andy cole
John Terry
Jermaine Defoe
Graeme Le Saux
Shearer-Should have been begged on hands and knees to go.
Mon 03/06/02 at 23:55
Regular
Àshley wrote:
To be honest he probably did it
> and probably would have got away with it as well if he had attacked a
> white guy. He should be punished but i don't think political
> correctness should affect football.

At a time we are trying to get rid of Racism in football Woodgate had to be punished like that.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:47
Regular
Shepps wrote:
> John Arne Riise wrote:
> The same goes for Johnathan Woodgate if he is ever allowed into the
> England team.
>
> But i doubt he will ever be allowed.

I don't reckon he has a chance for the next couple of years unless he starts doing charity work or helps out in asian communities so that they won't object when he gets picked. To be honest he probably did it and probably would have got away with it as well if he had attacked a white guy. He should be punished but i don't think political correctness should affect football.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:44
Regular
John Arne Riise wrote:
> John Terry will make a brilliant partner for Rio Ferdinand in the
> future, although we wish he wasn't, Sol Campbell is getting older and
> by the next world cup will be 31. John Terry will step into his shirt
> and we will be just as solid.
>

This man clearly is a footballing mastermind. Terry and ferdinand....I wish.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
John Arne Riise wrote:
> The same goes for Johnathan Woodgate if he is ever allowed into the
England team.

But i doubt he will ever be allowed.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
John Terry will make a brilliant partner for Rio Ferdinand in the future, although we wish he wasn't, Sol Campbell is getting older and by the next world cup will be 31. John Terry will step into his shirt and we will be just as solid.

The same goes for Johnathan Woodgate if he is ever allowed into the England team.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:35
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
"I like hargreaves too much to play him right back i think he is better than gerrard but thats probably a bit contraversial."

I agree with you there, Hargreaves at right back is not right. We have 2 perfectly acceptable Right Backs in Brown and Mills. His best position is the holding role in midfield he played in against the Swedes.
I think Gerrard has a slight edge on him at the moment, but Hargreaves will be better than him in time
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:29
Regular
yep i'd start campbell and ferdinand ahead of him but he is a bloomin good reserve. I would alo have phill neville starting. I like hargreaves too much to play him right back i think he is better than gerrard but thats probably a bit contraversial.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
"I am a huge john terry fan." Thats fair enough, we all have our opinions.

"Sven quote: If it was for his circumstances john would almost certainly be going" Sven rates him, but i still feel our current defence is good enough.

"FA quote: I think we are looking at a player who could be england captain for 10 years." Note the important word "COULD"
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:19
Regular
I am a huge john terry fan. Mark my words he will be huge for england in the future and is by far the best young defender in the country.

Sven quote: If it was for his circumstances john would almost certainly be going

FA quote: I think we are looking at a player who could be england captain for 10years.

he is really dedicated and an excellent tackler. The U21 team missed him desperately in the u21 tournament and he is good at heading to.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:13
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
Àshley wrote:
> mills....erm?
>
> Lee bowyer and john terry have been left out due to crimes that they
> have been cleared of or not yet convicted for and it is wrong to
> punish them if they are currently innocent.

I agree with you, but we had no real other choices, it was that or Phil Neville. I'd play Wes Brown right back anyway. I wouldn't have Terry in the squad regardless, i think the defence we have there is better than Terry, we don't need him. As for Bowyer, it may not be fair, but his names been dragged through the mud, and mud sticks. I doubt we'll ever see him pull on an England shirt

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.