GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox + freeserve = Online?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 12:32
Regular
I recently got the freeserve broadband service thats available in dixons. This finally means i can get broadband in my neighbourhood. Here is a quick thought though,

Since my telephone is converted into both analogue and digital lines, and a filter is used to seperate them, would my xbox brodband modem be able to use the digital line?

Theoretically, i can't see any problems, but since i'm not an expert I thought i'd seek confirmation.

Anybody got any help/ideas???
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:20
Just been connected to pipex, quality service, broadband is excellent. Pipex emailed me to say that line will be active via BT today, but to my amazement it was working on fri 31st !!...Its real quick no being booted for constant use etc.etc..go check out www.adslguide.org.uk for info and surveys on providers..
Wed 05/06/02 at 11:57
I am on Telewest Broadbands Blue Yonder service extremly impressive talking of which I better ring them up because I have forgot my email password. (you dont need a main password as its permenatly on and my modem has been switched on for at least 2 weeks solid now)
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:36
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I wrote a message on online gaming. I f you wanna read it its in fod chat.
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I just signed up for Pipex. :-) Think thats what my cousin Res is on too. No doubt he'll post in here soon. ;-)
Tue 04/06/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thanks for the info. My mate is getting Freeserve very soon so I can have a look at his. I think i'll choose either BT or Freeserve.
Tue 04/06/02 at 11:06
Regular
adrian wrote:
> R2001UK is Freeserve any good? Our area has just been enabled with
> ADSL so i'll be getting it very soon. I was thinking of going with
> Pipex as they only charge £23 a month. But I think i'll either
> go with the big name companies like Freeserve or BT. Any
> recommendation on what to go for?

Well so far, its pretty impressive. the downloads are as fast as expected, online play has virtually no lag and web pages appear instantly.
The only thing that has annoyed me is the fact that it took longer than stated to set my connection up (they said 10 working days, it was more like 16), and then the fact that when you call technical support, you are on hold that long, you'd think the call centre was empty.

Apparently its the better of the two (freeserve and BT), but i haven't heard of pipex so i can't comment on that.
Tue 04/06/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
R2001UK is Freeserve any good? Our area has just been enabled with ADSL so i'll be getting it very soon. I was thinking of going with Pipex as they only charge £23 a month. But I think i'll either go with the big name companies like Freeserve or BT. Any recommendation on what to go for?
Tue 04/06/02 at 00:46
Regular
Thats fine, thanks for your help!
Tue 04/06/02 at 00:30
Regular
...pretend I didn't post that twice...
Tue 04/06/02 at 00:30
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> So that all includes calls for the £30 a month?

Yup. See, as it doesn't use the telephone's analogue line, the calls won't appear on your phone bill, it can also be left on permanently and still only cost £30 (although if you turn your computer off at night, or whenever, you will need to dial up again, but this takes literally a couple of seconds!)

anymore Questions, just ask. I'm off to get some shut-eye now, so i'll reply tommorow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.