GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My First BB gun..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 23:51
Regular
My early birthday present - a BB gun. I don't beleve it! It's a M16 rifle that costs £59.95 and is 98cm long! Holy Moly!
Mon 03/06/02 at 15:02
~Resurection~ wrote:
was a cool it looked a bit like a PPK and fired about
> 100 feet or more. took rifle pellets as well as metal bb's trouble is
> the bb's bounce everywhere at that sorta speed, very dangerous.

100 feet? Surely that's illegal, unless you tried to gun down a plane...or a passing by terrorist threat or something. You must be exagerating it, even it is just by a smidgens (I refer to a smidgens as about 20 or 30 feet ;D).

If that's correct, that's one b*****d of a gun you've got there.
Mon 03/06/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i got a BB rifle which is about 1m long and fires metal bb's not the plastic cack and i did have an air pistol but i sold it on as it was way to powerful plus my cousin shot someone at tesco with it which seems funny but really it isn't.

stick with the plastic bb's there safer although metal are ok in a sprung loading gun.

my air pistol was a cool it looked a bit like a PPK and fired about 100 feet or more. took rifle pellets as well as metal bb's trouble is the bb's bounce everywhere at that sorta speed, very dangerous.
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:29
Stryke wrote:
> Lawless Fever wrote:
> On another note, I shot my
> not-so-little sister on the arm with a BB gun and it broke her
> flesh.
>
> --
>
> Now, if you'd said broke her arm, that would have been more
> interesting, You can break someone's flesh with a pin. Pah.

Gah, naff off. Cynical sod :p
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I had an 8" Colt Python once, very tasty until it shot four rounds all at once.
Desert Eagle's rule as far as bb guns go, they shread cans...etc
But paintball guns are pants, you can't kill squirrels with them unlike a tasty air rifle can, i'd like a night scope but i'd probably trip over anything before shooting it.

Also do you use compressed Poly .20 bbs or the pappy plastic ones?
The compressed ones travel further.
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:00
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:39
Regular
Liquid H²O wrote:
> Stryke, what's your hotmail address?

--

I don't have MSN.
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Impressing the lassies is always a good thing, unless there you know, ugly or something.

Anyway speaking off BB guns, yup I used to have one (sold it now) and we did something we shouldn't of done and the police searched us only for some reason they didn't find the gun so did nothing which was stupid because it was tucked into my trousers. Hmmmm hard to find eh.

Was only fun for a bit, bang bang.
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:43
Regular
"That's right!"
Peg guns? Can't say I did

We used to cut down v shaped branches to make into catapults and tape the elastic band to it to make it stronger. We needed a catapult for Drama, so I took to one of me dad's trees with a big saw and made a catapult. It worked pretty well too, considering I hadn't made one for years. And it impressed the lasses in my class that I had managed to make one, which is always a good thing
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Um, well I used to make catapults from scratch, using wood and an
> elastic band. I didn't need no gun!

Did you make those peg gun things too? We did, whoopah!
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ah yes, i remember the days when me and my brother got an elastic band and used that as a weapon. No need for replica BB guns, we just got a elastic band, put it round our thumb and index finger and fired home made paper missiles at people. And they didn't cost anything to make either. Those where the days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.