GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girlfirends - keeping them sweet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 10:01
Regular
Before I start - I'd like to mention the fact that I believe there are plenty of Female gamers out there who have trouble with their boyfriend's/husbands that don't appreciate their gaming passion, so this is aimed at all, it is not gender specific.

Gaming is great, to be blunt. We love to spend as much time as possible doing it, looking at some of the other forum's (e.g Final Fantasy X) people are loving it and exams seem to be getting in the way of a lot of people's playing time, and I find my girlfriend is too.

I love to spend time with her, but she hates it when I play, even a little?

The idea of this forum is to swap ideas with getting partners involved and keeping them happy, and trying to reach the right balance between playing and spending quality time together.

So far, I've tried getting her involved, but she seems dismissive before starting, and just won't get involved. Does anyone have any better ideas or tips (nothing dodgy please)? I've tried 'letting her have a girls night' while I play with the lads, but I can't do that too often.

Well, I'll open the discussion there, and we'll see what the community has to say.
Tue 04/06/02 at 00:59
my gorrrrrrrrrrgeous girlfriend has finished final fantasy 7, 8 and is currently working through nine. when I say finished, I mean level 99, all weapons beaten, ultimate everything, 160 hour savegame finished.
She's been eyeing up 10 on my ps2....

did I mention she was gorgeous?

:)
Fri 31/05/02 at 16:34
Regular
My girlfriend likes gaming, she's not into die-hard games like FF but she likes having a laugh with them. She's living with me at the mo so I couldn't just throw out the PS2, but she enjoys it and has a few of her own games.

Heres here top 5, just so you can see her fine taste:

1. Klonoa 2
2. Wipeout Fusion
3. Jak & Daxter
4. Pro Evolution Soccer (No, she's not a man, she just thiks it's fun)
5. SSX Tricky (She got in a bad mood when i swapped it for Timesplitters)
Fri 31/05/02 at 14:36
I took it with me to hers and set it up on her tv while she was cooking!

Penny racers is great, kevving up cars, dropping 6 litre engines in. bit of multiplayer fun. Read my post 'Whats going on., license needed me thinks...'
Fri 31/05/02 at 14:22
Regular
"  "
how come it was in her room? An Penny Racers???;)
Fri 31/05/02 at 14:15
Have ordered Euro etc and am trying to get friends to buy a second dance mat. Thanks for the help. Spoke to g/f and she said she is interested in FFX, but didn't like me playing it for 4 hours in her room and not giving her any attention.

I was wrapped up in it!!
Fri 31/05/02 at 12:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
That was supposed to say you Can get......I didn't mean you have to get.......Oh well its friday.
Fri 31/05/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
keych wrote:
> I is already a member, so will have to fork out for one. May go for
> euro dance stage then. Didn't want to say we' be oogling as dodn't
> want to come across as perverted, duvet-shaking type person

It's okay all us girls know that all you boys/men are perv type wierdos anyway. You get Dancing Stage Euro mix and A dance mat from SR at a really good price. Happy Oogling!
Fri 31/05/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
keych wrote:
> I is already a member, so will have to fork out for one. May go for
> euro dance stage then. Didn't want to say we' be oogling as dodn't
> want to come across as perverted, duvet-shaking type person

It's okay all us girls know that all you boys/men are perv type wierdos anyway. You get Dancing Stage Euro mix and A dance mat from SR at a really good price. Happy Oogling!
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:58
I is already a member, so will have to fork out for one. May go for euro dance stage then. Didn't want to say we' be oogling as dodn't want to come across as perverted, duvet-shaking type person
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
id go with dance stage euro mix, its popular with the ladies.
you can get a dance mat free if you become a member with SR.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.