GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girlfirends - keeping them sweet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 10:01
Regular
Before I start - I'd like to mention the fact that I believe there are plenty of Female gamers out there who have trouble with their boyfriend's/husbands that don't appreciate their gaming passion, so this is aimed at all, it is not gender specific.

Gaming is great, to be blunt. We love to spend as much time as possible doing it, looking at some of the other forum's (e.g Final Fantasy X) people are loving it and exams seem to be getting in the way of a lot of people's playing time, and I find my girlfriend is too.

I love to spend time with her, but she hates it when I play, even a little?

The idea of this forum is to swap ideas with getting partners involved and keeping them happy, and trying to reach the right balance between playing and spending quality time together.

So far, I've tried getting her involved, but she seems dismissive before starting, and just won't get involved. Does anyone have any better ideas or tips (nothing dodgy please)? I've tried 'letting her have a girls night' while I play with the lads, but I can't do that too often.

Well, I'll open the discussion there, and we'll see what the community has to say.
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:01
Before I start - I'd like to mention the fact that I believe there are plenty of Female gamers out there who have trouble with their boyfriend's/husbands that don't appreciate their gaming passion, so this is aimed at all, it is not gender specific.

Gaming is great, to be blunt. We love to spend as much time as possible doing it, looking at some of the other forum's (e.g Final Fantasy X) people are loving it and exams seem to be getting in the way of a lot of people's playing time, and I find my girlfriend is too.

I love to spend time with her, but she hates it when I play, even a little?

The idea of this forum is to swap ideas with getting partners involved and keeping them happy, and trying to reach the right balance between playing and spending quality time together.

So far, I've tried getting her involved, but she seems dismissive before starting, and just won't get involved. Does anyone have any better ideas or tips (nothing dodgy please)? I've tried 'letting her have a girls night' while I play with the lads, but I can't do that too often.

Well, I'll open the discussion there, and we'll see what the community has to say.
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:08
Regular
"  "
Join Sr (Heh...i aint creeping) and get a free dance mat. U cant keep girls off them. If you go to a Arcade girls smuther them. Nice to watch :D.......but try one of those or some girly games like Crash Bandicoot and stuff.
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:13
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Better still get two dance mats and a copy of Dancing Stage Disney mix, then she can invite her friends around two. Other games that my girly housemates really liked were stuff like Bust-a-move, Bomberman, and bishi bashi.

I got my boyfriend to play Balders Gate on the two player player co-operative mode with me and we both really enjoyed it.

Good luck getting her into gaming though, some people are just set against it and there is no convincing them.
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
yup id go with natbuc, if the dance mat idea fails she'll never change her ming about gaming because its something all girls love. Does she actually like gaming? if so why not simply her what games currently interest her and buy one for her. If shes stressed out at any time you could also mention that its a stress reliever. I don't have this problem my g/f she likes SSX Tricky, MGS 2 and most of the other games ive got.

If all fails buy her some flowers and go for a meal :D
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:20
Regular
"  "
You could always dump her.....
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:29
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> if the dance mat idea fails she'll never change her ming about gaming

That was nearly very funny :)

My missus likes games (cheeky) she's better than me on some of them. She even likes watching me play certain types of game, like Soul Reaver, Record of Lodoss War....
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:00
Whilst I did have the advantage of my gf liking games a bit to start off with, what really got her involved was the FF games with their guide books. She could sit there reading the book, telling me how to prepare for fights whilst I wandered through the games. After she'd got used to this kind of thing, then games like Jak and Daxter appealed to her (the Crash Bandicoot games are also good).

Mata
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:40
Cheers guys, I'll think I'll try the dancemat - although whats the best game to use it with (PS2)?

Looks like my place will be full of lots of jumping girls....

Us lads will be in the other room on Penny Racers, FFX or SSX!
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Fool, the whole point of having the dance mat is to watch them dance on it. The lads won't want to be playing games when that kind of entertainment is on offer. :)
Fri 31/05/02 at 11:46
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
keych wrote:
> Cheers guys, I'll think I'll try the dancemat - although whats the
> best game to use it with (PS2)?
>
> Looks like my place will be full of lots of jumping girls....
>
> Us lads will be in the other room on Penny Racers, FFX or SSX!

Games are:
Jungle Book for PS2 or PS1
Dancing Stage Euro mix PS1
Dancing Stage Disney mix PS1
you can also try Bust-a-groove for PS1 But it is out of production so quite hard to find,It is also rock hard to play with a dance mat.
My Fav is Euro Mix

Not that I'm a dance mat addict or anything :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.