GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Free Reward Pack - 4 Games and a Controller?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
yup It's true, I've managed to get 4 games and a controller out of Microsoft and here is my story;

1. Phone HelpLine to check if i can have 3 games like Wookie told me, they say it's fine.
2. Order XBox Reward Pack like every other XBox owner, send off application form asking for 3 games and no controller. 3 Games are:
PGR
OddWorld
Amped Snowboarding
3. 34 days later(today) get Pack with DOA3, Amped and controller.
4. Unpack games and controller to find out they are in German (!) and I have the wrong games :(
5. Call HelpLine Tell them my problem
6. Spend 15 mins listening to dodgy electronical music
7. Get told i can keep everything i got sent and I can have another 2 games of my choice!
8. Find out that German games are only in German packaging and work perfectly in English on XBox.
9. Hurridely tell parents and brother.
10. Over the moon.

There you go, that's the amazing story of how Nid (me) got 4 games and a controller as a customer reward pack.

:-D
Tue 18/06/02 at 10:19
"slightlyshortertagl"
Silent85 wrote:
> Yea I found out by chance too and I dont know but some are irish

This Microsoft are a truley world-wide company...
Wed 12/06/02 at 10:21
Yea I found out by chance too and I dont know but some are irish
Wed 12/06/02 at 09:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
pop, i don't know why though..
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:09
"slightlyshortertagl"
Full marks to MS for their service!!

And by the way..does anyone actually know WHY all the people that are on the phonelines are AMERICAN????????
Sun 02/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
"¬_¬"
Nice story, although I'm appalled at the customer services. Everybody who sent their forms by e-mail won't get there stuff because there was a 'system failure' and it was all lost. Plus, Microsoft hasn't contacted anybody notifying them to re-send the form.

Luckily, I rang up to track mine and found out the news from a very apologetic American telesales person.
Sun 02/06/02 at 21:42
Regular
"ProGolfer"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> A friend got his today. He asked for 2 games and the DVD remote, but
> they sent 2 games and the controller.
>
> He phoned them and they are sending the DVD remote... and he can keep
> the controller.
>
> It's very good of MS, but it must be costing them a fortune!

So they have to be generous to get a gd reputition.
Fri 31/05/02 at 00:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but we can't complain, we have the awesome Games Network channel !
::shudders:: Ok, that excitement is just too hard to fake.

Am I the only one here who would really like to smash Carl in the mouth ? He's just got that aura about him that begs you to beat the living P*** out of him.
Fri 31/05/02 at 00:12
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Is it an 0800 number? That would mean MS were paying for the calls,
> and we could bankrupt them my calling lots of times! ;-p

Yup. It's an 0800 number, and I like the music too. Maybe I should do that thing like on the advert for something, where he asks them to keep putting him back on hold ;-)

Hehehe. I nearly burst out laughing when I heard the blokes Irish accent on the phone. It's so hard to be serious when you're talking to an Irish man :-)

The music sounds like it's off the old [.tv] channel that was on sky (until they shut it down, bas...)
Fri 31/05/02 at 00:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I might call tomorrow too and ask about this 3 games option. ;-)
Thu 30/05/02 at 23:43
I am phoning microsoft up tommorow to find out where my stuff is I might get a dvd remote instead of a controller I aint decided yet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.