GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website Bandwidth - How Much, how to check?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/03/08 at 05:14
Regular
Apologies if I am missing anything obvious here, but is there a cap on how much bandwidth a website can use in a month? I'm sure I saw somewhere on Freeolas site that it was 10gb, but can't seem to find the info again.

And, what happens if this cap is hit? Does the site go offline until usage is reset, are there excess charges so it can be kept online etc?

Finally, is there any easy way of checking how much bandwidth a site is using?

Thanks in advance for yer help again guys :)
Tue 11/03/08 at 13:30
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that loki,
Can you say what the range of 'page views' is for the top and bottom site in your 'hottest list' so I can see how far off I am?

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 11/03/08 at 13:21
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I believe that the Hottest Sites are calculated by page views, rather than bandwidth, and that they only include sites that have been succesfully submitted into the Customer Sites Directory.
Tue 11/03/08 at 11:27
"Are you sure?"
Freeola advertise 'unlimited' hosting so for most people this means you don't have to worry about bandwidth. No doubt they have a FUP (fair use policy) is someone was to go totally over the top.

NB. The T&C's also state that all content must be 'web displayable' i.e. you can't use webspace as a 'backup' service.

So all this means you don't have to check you bandwidth usage etc.

I'm sure a staffie will be along later to give you the official line ;¬)

Out of interest I would also like to know how Freeola's hottest sites are measured - bandwidth or individual page views etc. and where your own site stands.

I have a couple of sites with Freeola getting around 10,000 'page views' per month, so it would be nice to know how far down the 'chart' they are.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 11/03/08 at 05:14
Regular
Apologies if I am missing anything obvious here, but is there a cap on how much bandwidth a website can use in a month? I'm sure I saw somewhere on Freeolas site that it was 10gb, but can't seem to find the info again.

And, what happens if this cap is hit? Does the site go offline until usage is reset, are there excess charges so it can be kept online etc?

Finally, is there any easy way of checking how much bandwidth a site is using?

Thanks in advance for yer help again guys :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.