GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Diary"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/05/02 at 19:20
Regular
I wanted to do a little experiment as part of my website. Each person on this forum has a different background and a different day. It would be good if people could just type up one day in their life, whether it be today or sometime in the past. No need to put in exact details, but it would make the entries feel more personal. Also, it doesn't need to be personal, but once again, thats preferred.

I'll add my own later when I've had a chance to think and compile. I'm not good myself at these sort of topics, but I'll try.

All replies appreciated.
Wed 29/05/02 at 13:08
Regular
".......on the attac"
Got to uni at 7.15 to finish off the assignment by 9. It was in his pigeon hole at 8.57 but I got well annoyed when it wasn't collected till 10.30. Still, wasn't worth taking the risk of hoping he'd be late.

Dr Smith came in and gave me my assignment for the next 13 weeks for my industrial project. Seems I have to completely redo a load of Front Panels for a database designed in Visual Basic. This is really gonna suck. I can't stand Visual Basic. Made a start by going through the code that someone else had written but not commented too well. I was trying to concentrate but as it was so boring I just kept surfing the net looking at things I can't afford and writing posts on the forum (who is that Reynolds guy?). One of my housemates emailed me as he was skiving work and still at home. He's got an exam on Wednesday but is too busy playing Yuri's Revenge and drinking brews to think about something as trivial as revision. Guess he may be repeating another year at uni.....

Along came 4.30pm and I went to work. The traffic was horrendous so I didn't get there till 5.15. That meant that I had to stay until 9.15 but it wasn't too busy so I was alright. Only ten trucks to load and a lot of them were simple fork lift work so I got off lightly tonight. The worst nights are those were it is mostly carpet cuts and you spend hours lifting big carpets and carrying them across the warehouse. Boss was alright for once, not saying anything stupid and letting me get on with my own thing. Maybe he's finally realised that we can the work done quicker when he lets me get on with it.

Work finished though and I called in at the offy on my way home for a crate of Fosters. All my housemates were in as well as three moochers (term to describe uninvited visitors who turn up at all hours, "borrow" beer and raid cupboards, kind of like locusts!). I cracked open a crate and then sat down to watch the Fast Show. Wayne's World was on Sky but I blagged everyone not to watch it. I even stopped Wes from switching over to Big Brother. Amazing.

Managed to polish off four cans and several fags (got to give up soon, too stressful at the moment) before 11.30 came. I then went up to my room and had 1/2 an hour online. Checked the forums to see what kind of topics had been written whilst I was at work and who'd replied in the threads I had left posts in. Set the alarm and went to bed. Thank God for this weekend. Four days off is most welcome.......

*Several names have been changed in this post to protect the identity of those involved.
Wed 29/05/02 at 11:46
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Any diary entries today would be great. I'll compile & collate and have any entries up sometime soon.

Thanks again.
Tue 28/05/02 at 22:26
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Thanks alot everyone. Any Diaries would be good, tommorow would be absolutely excellent.

Thanks everyone!
Tue 28/05/02 at 22:20
I'll add my entry, but not today, cos i have to go offline in a couple of minutes prolly tomorrow
Tue 28/05/02 at 22:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmmmmm...let me see.

Go on then! :-)

(If i remember - my memory is a little - well, prone to doze off every now and then!)
Tue 28/05/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Better Than You"
I'll think about what to put and post it tomorrow.
Tue 28/05/02 at 20:51
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Thanks a lot both to Grix and Mojojojo. Any other diary entries would be gratefully accepted.
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:54
Regular
Up for this, but not today... I'll try and do it tommorrow.
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:32
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
That would be excellent, and much appreciated. I've go to go now but I'll be back at about 9 so any posts I'll read and reply.

Thanks MJ
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Wow, today I was thinking of suggesting something similar. I'll think about mine and I may post it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.