GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/03/08 at 00:13
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
i need some help because this year is my GCSEs and i was wondering if you can tell me how you felt when it was your time.
Sun 09/03/08 at 16:48
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
I do a lot of IT course work. I don't get it my teacher is like we have to finish the Year 11 course work.
I'm still in year 10. Why can't i do year 11 course work in year 11, it makes more sense.
Sun 09/03/08 at 13:07
"Was the man of marz"
spoonbeast wrote:
> back in my day, gcse's were a cake walk. It was esstentially the
> same stuff from years 7-9 wit ha small amount tacked on.

I found years seven to nine the same, and then lost all motivation when it came to GCSEs, as you just do a load of coursework in the first and revise in the second. As you want advice, mine would be to structure your priorities. Remember this is the largest amount of simultaneous study you will ever undertake, and if you don’t complete the coursework you should in year ten (like some people in my class did), then you will find eleven incredibly hard going.

In regards to maths, are you doing mathematics now, and not statistics? If so that’s a shame because it’s an enjoyable area, as it has a real world application, although achieving a GCSE a year early is merely a token gesture. I mean it was one of ten and a half I was going for (short course PE being the compulsory ½). It did mean that the core subject had to be quite rushed, which was actually a relief, as the stupid business with the name combinations dragged on even with our limited time frame.

As for the ICT exam, a complete piece of pi$$, if your clever and go for the questions that offer the highest marks. Seriously we where all hampered by technical issues, so after the power point ques, most people spent the rest of their time on excel but I skipped to the word section which was just changing font sizes and styles etc. The end result was second highest grade in my year (beaten by a friend of mine).

Finally tell your art teacher to go fcuk her/himself (although they’re normally ex-english teaching females which explains the apathy). Grix thraves touched on the problems with how it’s sometimes taught, as I also had a control freak to start with, but even with a more laid back teacher I still failed. What the examiners want to see is experimentation and progression, so if you know what you like you’re in trouble, likewise if you’re temperamental artistically.

The people that we’re crap to start with, then progressed into an ok artist, where the ones that passed. Completing, mounting and writing about you’re work isn’t enough; a fact that annoyed me when you consider it’s only single award. Have you had you’re five hour mock yet? Looking forward to the ten hour final!
Sun 09/03/08 at 11:49
Regular
There was too much hype about how much harder AS was than GCSE in my school leading up to them last year

I basically did next to nothing for anything except Latin(!) and revised English for literally two nights

Either way I walked out with 100% in two English papers an A in English, RS and History and a B in Latin

And General Studies? It's just a given A, I really don't see the problem with putting a little effort into the exam itself for that extra bit of qualification, as worthless as it may seem
Sun 09/03/08 at 08:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
back in my day, gcse's were a cake walk. It was esstentially the same stuff from years 7-9 wit ha small amount tacked on. It was easy and completely inadequate when you reached A levels.

a good example would be biology. A living cell has 3 things cell membrane, cytoplasm and nucleaus. Head towards A level and you discover it has a lot more then just 3 parts.
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:28
Regular
You'll have fun with paranoid delusions then!
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:20
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
Thanks.

I read a lot of true stories. I think i have read about 15 so far.
I can't stand fairy tells or any story that has no possible truth in it!
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pancake93 wrote:
> I want to be a psychologist when I'm older or a therapist and
> mainly work with children who have had something traumatizing
> happen to them.

Thats exactly what i wanted to do. Unfortunately i'm not an exam writer in any sense and failed psychology despite being one of the more knowledgable people in our class.
If it's something you're interested in i'd get a book on it. They wont teach you everything in class anyway.
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:15
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
I want to be a psychologist when I'm older or a therapist and mainly work with children who have had something traumatizing happen to them.
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:14
Regular
Isn't sociology one of the known dosser subjects?
Sun 09/03/08 at 01:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'd advise you to pick up an A-Level book and start reading through it early. There's a lot to take in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.