GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/03/08 at 00:13
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
i need some help because this year is my GCSEs and i was wondering if you can tell me how you felt when it was your time.
Mon 10/03/08 at 21:31
"Was the man of marz"
phuzzy wrote:
> I don't know. For the jobs I'll be applying for when I graduate
> they're much more interested in my uni transcript.

That's all true unless you find yourself having to go for undergraduate jobs. Maybe that's the difference, that down here lots of qualified people go for the same work, meaning the selection critera can be more specific.

Moosey bob; i don't think you need to do IT, as it's becoming a given, not to mention all the people already trained to some level in it.
Mon 10/03/08 at 18:57
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Marzman wrote:
> Not really. Alot of jobs still want to see you have maths and
> english GCSE, even with other qualifications, be it alevel or
> higher. In saying that as long as you have five A-C grades it
> doesn't seem that important what they're in, and even less vital
> if you have loads, which is a bit unfair when you're made to take
> so many.

I don't know. For the jobs I'll be applying for when I graduate they're much more interested in my uni transcript. Even my current IT job only wanted my Highers. Perhaps the English system is a bit different?
Mon 10/03/08 at 13:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
About IT being compulsary, I'm pretty sure my sister was made to do the short course in year 9 then the school decided to make them all do the rest of it in year 10. At sixth form I seem to remember those who hadn't taken IT at GCSE were required to do some form of IT qualification, not sure what it was exactly. It's probably good to get the intense drudgery of IT out of the way as soon as you can.
Mon 10/03/08 at 12:23
"Was the man of marz"
phuzzy wrote:
> Don't worry about GCSEs (or Standard Grades for the Scots crowd).
> They seem like the most important thing in the world, but once
> you get your A-Levels / Highers, or indeed, degree, they'll fade
> into insignificance.

Not really. Alot of jobs still want to see you have maths and english GCSE, even with other qualifications, be it alevel or higher. In saying that as long as you have five A-C grades it doesn't seem that important what they're in, and even less vital if you have loads, which is a bit unfair when you're made to take so many.
Mon 10/03/08 at 12:20
"Was the man of marz"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't do A level Computing in the belief it'll
> be more interesting than GCSE IT.

Doi!

Pancake; I didn't think IT was compulsary, unless you where dropped in there because you couldn't get one of your options, like what happened to alot of people in my year with graphic products.

Maybe it's just different now because when I first went to secondary school we didn't have IT. Then we got awful macs, 486 PCs, pentiums, then p4s the year I left. ICT (information communication technology) was an option, and those who didn't pick it could do a european IT driving license thing, in there own time after school!
Mon 10/03/08 at 12:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Don't worry about GCSEs (or Standard Grades for the Scots crowd). They seem like the most important thing in the world, but once you get your A-Levels / Highers, or indeed, degree, they'll fade into insignificance.

Good luck though!
Sun 09/03/08 at 22:52
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
I had no choice on IT, if i did i would never do it!
Sun 09/03/08 at 22:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Whatever you do, don't do A level Computing in the belief it'll be more interesting than GCSE IT.
Sun 09/03/08 at 22:12
"Was the man of marz"
pancake93 wrote:
> I do a lot of IT course work. I don't get it my teacher is like
> we have to finish the Year 11 course work.
> I'm still in year 10. Why can't i do year 11 course work in year
> 11, it makes more sense.

Yr11 is only nine months (when you include study leave), so it makes sense to do as much as you can now, and have more time to redo any coursework. ICT is tedious but being double award it's worth the effort.

El viking; i do remember being told you loose alot of marks from screenshots.
Sun 09/03/08 at 20:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The A2 coursework is worse, mine ran to over 300 printed sheets of A4; didn't make up for the exam board removing 25% of the marks on my AS coursework for no apparent reason...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.