GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming heaven within a year ?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/05/02 at 00:48
Regular
I've been reading through X-Gamer and looking at the progress on some of the much anticipated games, etc and it has to be said, X-Box owners have got a hell of a lot to look forward to. :-)

200 games by Christmas along with loads more quality games coming in early 2003. Looking at all the titles coming both soon and a few months down the line, I've come with at least around 30 titles that I really want to get. :-)

Its been ages since I've wanted so many games on one console. :-) Plus not only that, there is that mouth watering subject of the X-Box going online which is going to steal away a large number of hours from most of us. :-)

Even looking at this Friday, with both Crash and Yager coming out, thats 2 games I want just out of one day along with Champ Manager and either ISS 2 of Fifa World Cup 2002. Then theres games like Gun Metal, Grand Prix 4, Chase, Hunter The Reckoning, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.
After that you have the major titles on the way such as Unreal Championship, Project Ego, Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic, Halo 2, Mech Assault, MGS Substance, SWAT : Global Strike Team, etc.

Apparently EA is also holding back MOH : Allied Assault because they're hoping to add online options to the game which is certainly good news. :-)
The X-Box has plenty of exclusives on the way including some tasty titles from Sega who are responsible for a large number of excellent games.

Certainly looks like Microsoft are going in the right direction and the future is definatly looking bright for the X-Box with all the great games on the way. Be very happy X-Box owners, you've made a good choice and by Christmas we should be meeting up online regularly till stupid hours of the morning playing the titles we're currently drooling over. ;-)
Tue 28/05/02 at 00:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've been reading through X-Gamer and looking at the progress on some of the much anticipated games, etc and it has to be said, X-Box owners have got a hell of a lot to look forward to. :-)

200 games by Christmas along with loads more quality games coming in early 2003. Looking at all the titles coming both soon and a few months down the line, I've come with at least around 30 titles that I really want to get. :-)

Its been ages since I've wanted so many games on one console. :-) Plus not only that, there is that mouth watering subject of the X-Box going online which is going to steal away a large number of hours from most of us. :-)

Even looking at this Friday, with both Crash and Yager coming out, thats 2 games I want just out of one day along with Champ Manager and either ISS 2 of Fifa World Cup 2002. Then theres games like Gun Metal, Grand Prix 4, Chase, Hunter The Reckoning, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.
After that you have the major titles on the way such as Unreal Championship, Project Ego, Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic, Halo 2, Mech Assault, MGS Substance, SWAT : Global Strike Team, etc.

Apparently EA is also holding back MOH : Allied Assault because they're hoping to add online options to the game which is certainly good news. :-)
The X-Box has plenty of exclusives on the way including some tasty titles from Sega who are responsible for a large number of excellent games.

Certainly looks like Microsoft are going in the right direction and the future is definatly looking bright for the X-Box with all the great games on the way. Be very happy X-Box owners, you've made a good choice and by Christmas we should be meeting up online regularly till stupid hours of the morning playing the titles we're currently drooling over. ;-)
Tue 28/05/02 at 09:06
Regular
I sold my PS2 for my Xbox becuase of the games shortage on the console and I am over the moon with the games that are coming out on the console. The only problem I have now is finding the money for all of these games, out of the 200 games that will be out by christmas I want about 75 of them badly and 25 of them becasue they are going to be ace! That is 100 games that I want and I know I will have to pick about 10 of them out of it which will be very hard indeed. I am going to have to try very hard to win GAD's just to make sure I can make the 10 games!

p.s

Dead Or Alive 3 is absolutley breath-taking! Buy it!
Tue 28/05/02 at 09:31
Regular
I'm looking forward to Morrowind, Grand Prix 4, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, ToeJam & Earl III, Blinx, Tork, Unreal Championship, and Crazy Taxi 3.

All of them, except Project Ego, are due out before the end of the year. So that's 8 more games, plus the five I own - that's 13 games. I only had 4 for my PS2 after the same amount amount of time.

Hmmm....
Tue 28/05/02 at 09:51
Regular
No doubt about it, th future of XBOX is looking very rosy indeed.
I've owned my XBOX for about 4 weeks and I've played some truly excellent games in that time: Halo, JSRF, PGR, Oddworld, Max Payne, Dead or Alive 3, etc, etc, - so I'm more than happy.
And then I look into the future and read previews of games to come and I see things just getting better and better.
And then there's the online dawn - I just hope I can afford to keep up!
Tue 28/05/02 at 15:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If anyone wants to see just how superb the X-Box is and how much it will be offering games players by Christmas and you have broadband, goto www.xbox.com and watch the E3 X-Box Press Briefing movie.

If anyone can say that the X-Box is crap after that they really are blind, tunnel visioned fanboys. Guaranteed to have X-Box owners drooling by the end of it. Its quite long (hence you need broadband to watch it), but it covers some of the excellent titles coming out along with the online plans.

All I can say is that buying this console is the best decision I ever made as far as gaming goes. :-)
Tue 28/05/02 at 15:59
"High polygon count"
Can I just say that - reading this thread as someone who isn't starry eyed about their Xbox - it sounds like several owners trying to convince themselves that they haven't bought a white elephant.

That's not meant to put anyone down, nor the machine - it's just the way it sounds.

Of course, the games will be better - but considering the dearth of quality titles available since launch (a view which after today I know I am certainly not alone in), the only way is up (as Yazz might once have said).

However, I have to say that of the games listed so far in this topic, there's one that interests me. Horses for courses, I guess.
Tue 28/05/02 at 16:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually I know I haven't bought a white elephant, I started this thread to discuss the future of the console. Thought it'd be nice to try and have one topic going that isn't full of Ninties desperately trying to slate the X-Box. If anyone is desperately trying to justify their purchase it seems to be Ninties (mostly newbies of course).

Haven't seen any Sonyphiles really come in here because obviously they don't need to. They are happy with their console and good for them. Just don't see the point in the pathetic comments this forum gets.
Tue 28/05/02 at 18:58
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> However, I have to say that of the games listed so far in this topic,
> there's one that interests me. Horses for courses, I guess.

Are you sure you're not being just a little picky?

If I was to only buy the games I was *sure* that I really really wanted, then I'd only end up with "two games per year".

Ico
Silent Hill 2
Oddworld
Halo
Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio

to name but a few - are all games I thought I wouldn't like before I played them.
Tue 28/05/02 at 21:38
"High polygon count"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Are you sure you're not being just a little picky?

Maybe!
Tue 28/05/02 at 23:36
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Maybe!

Was that a whimisical "maybe" or an agitated "maybe"? -

Anyway, I can't wait for Morrowind: reading the recent PC reviews, it sounds and looks amazing.
If your PC can't handle it [which mine most definately cannot] then XBOX is the only console that can run a game of this stature.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.