GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims on PS2!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 16:09
Regular
Gamespot have announced that The Sims is coming to PS2 at the end of the year. The best news I've heard all week!
Sat 25/05/02 at 16:09
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Gamespot have announced that The Sims is coming to PS2 at the end of the year. The best news I've heard all week!
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats great news! Ive wanted to play The Sims for some time!
Sat 25/05/02 at 18:16
Regular
I have The Sims on PC so I am satisfied with that and I'm not really into it much.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:01
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
It sounds quite good. I've read somewhere that it's due November 2002. I guess that means the hard drive will be out by then, unless of course it all runs from the disc or small amounts are transferred to memory card,

As I said, souns good
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:24
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Thats pretty good news, i just hope that its going to be a new game rather than a straight port of the old game that came out ages ago. Hopefully we will get some new stuff for it..after all i dont wanna be buying a game i already have on PC.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I've been reading about it and looking at screenshots at the EA site and it looks and sounds fantastic. Theres new objects and a new mode thats level based. You can play 2 player against each other too in the level based mode, or just play freestyle as its always been.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh god. Expect it to clog the PS2 chart for 3 years like the game has on the PC. Its very overrated by the way, I got bored with it pretty fast.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I've been playing the sims since the day the original came out, and have all the expansion packs bar the new one and I can honestly say I've never got bored with it. Even my mother loves it. Shes never off it!
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only thing that keeps me going back for more is making my own house. I also enjoy making my own town and holiday resorts from the add-on packs, but there is a real lack of tasks to keep me occupied. I need tasks to get me engrossed in the game, but the sims fails to do this. It'll appeal to some people, but I think others will be dissapointed.
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I personally do not think games like Sims are gonna be as popular with PS2 players as they would be with PC players. Its just the control system that makes all the difference. If EA manage to make the control system more flowing and responsive, then they could be onto a winner here. But I still prefer to play games such as The Sims, Civilisation and Age of Empires on my PC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.