GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why this country sucks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 22:38
Regular
Ooh close to a nuclear war apparently... well it will probably never happen... even if it does you won't be here to say I was wrong :P

So two Third World developing countries with unstable politics... oooh good old UK and America to jump in and save Pakistan and India from having a wee fight in a small corner of the world...

I wonder who sold them the weapons in the first place...

Hmmm

Hmmm
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
na what really sux is the cost of owning a car, i love driving and i love cars it aint fair that i have to pay so much for a little bit of transportation and fun of course.
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tony wrote:
> SnipeŽ wrote:
> ah everything sux to tony o.O even toilet rolls :D
>
> So annoying when the perforations don't line up!

Ooh, there's a trick to getting rid of that! You take the out of synch bit and fold it over. Simple!
Mon 27/05/02 at 16:44
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
SnipeŽ wrote:
> ah everything sux to tony o.O even toilet rolls :D

So annoying when the perforations don't line up!
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:36
Jonman wrote:
> However, having seen details of a large number of suicide bombers in
> the Middle East over the last few months, it's not too much of stretch
> of imagination to see some fundamentalist with a wish to become a
> martyr drive a nuclear device into a city in his car and 'push the red
> button'
>
> THAT's what worries me.

Got to admit, I never thought of that scenario. That is pretty worrying.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Unfortunately, the technology to create nuclear devices is not too complex. And it's probably easier to steal. It's the delivery systems that are the difficult bits.

However, having seen details of a large number of suicide bombers in the Middle East over the last few months, it's not too much of stretch of imagination to see some fundamentalist with a wish to become a martyr drive a nuclear device into a city in his car and 'push the red button'

THAT's what worries me.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:20
"Darkness, always"
Hence the term "the nuclear detterant".

I won't say it's stupid having nuclear weapons, since the research that created them has led to a number of other creations which benefit mankind.

The more we prepare for war, the better equipped we are to deal with peace.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:10
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Nuclear bombs are so stupidly clever.
Aparently it only takes 8 of them to blow this planet apart, theres no possible defence from them and every country has them.
Nuclear dust spreads alover the place, like when the Russian powerstation blew up not so long ago, it effected people in Britain, which means if they launch one at us they'll get the effects anyway, along with a couple of bombs from us and other countries.
So why? Nuclear bombs couldn't be used anymore anyway I don't think, they'd be no end to it. meh.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:04
Is it just me, or did this thread die a horrible death just after I posted? I've never POPed before, so I suspect this is where I say ...

POP!

If I am wrong, please forgive!
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:04
Tony wrote:
> This country sucks because we have to pay huge great bundles of tax,
> and tax on tax, stealth tax and extra tax. Then we give half of it
> away to people who have never paid any.

On the other hand, this country is great because the people who pay taxes support the people who are unable to support themselves, such as mothers with newly born babies, people with physical and mental disabilities, people who have injured themselves and who need to be looked after in hospital, and people who are too old or too young to look after themselves properly, as well as students, who will, in their turn, get a job and repay their debt to society many times over.

I was brought up by a lady who had to rely upon the government for a long time, when she died, I had to rely on the government to look after me whilst I finished my A Levels, and then my degree. I had never paid tax, well a little bit through part-time work. Now I have a job where I pay quite a bit of tax, but I don't begrudge a penny of it to those people who genuinely deserve it. Fraudulent claiments should be made to pay back every penny, plus interest.

Tax is good when enough is spent on education, social welfare and the NHS. If we spent a little less on military hardware and more on looking after people, this country would be much better off for it.
Sat 25/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhhhhh........America, were colonial empires are spat upon, but being able to poke your nose in on other countries business is loved.............

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........makes you go all dreamy dosen't it!

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.