GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"this is football 2002"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
i was thinking of getting it but some of my mates said it was a load of crap i would appreciate it if you would tell me about it and should i get it
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:45
Regular
"  "
As many of you know...when this game was released i couldn't stop talking about it....Pro Evo had to get the handcuffs out (dunno how that stopped me talking) But it is seriously good
u can instantly tell a premiership match from a international...superb.
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I got straight into the button config straight away form the demo I have.

Offense:

X - Pass
O - Shoot
Square - Long Pass
Triangle - Through ball

R1 - Hold to Sprint
R2 - Deliberate dive
L1 - Tap to spin
L2 - Havent used it yet

Defense:

Square - Tackle
Triangle - Shove or something like that

Havent used any others......
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:50
Regular
"  "
Hercules! wrote:
> I got straight into the button config straight away form the demo I
> have.
>
> Offense:
>
> X - Pass
> O - Shoot
> Square - Long Pass
> Triangle - Through ball
>
> R1 - Hold to Sprint
> R2 - Deliberate dive
> L1 - Tap to spin
> L2 - Havent used it yet
>
> Defense:
>
> Square - Tackle
> Triangle - Shove or something like that
>
> Havent used any others......

aren't they the preset ones? I'm sure they are.
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Na†ßu© wrote:

> aren't they the preset ones? I'm sure they are.

-------

Yes, they must be......

Well I find them pretty easy anyways.

You can most probably switch them round a bit to what you like aswell if they are not right for you.

I dont usually do that though and just stick with what they tell me.
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:26
Regular
tsk tsk you fool hercules! Nah only joking. right this is just my opinion ok so well dont take it to heart.

right i have had the game for almost a year now so i know what im on about. it completely and utterly stinks. from the passing to shooting the whole concept is an absolute joke. Having said that the players do look fantasticly realistic which although maybe a nice feature is not really needed-just look at pro evo.

secondly, the stadiums are aslo a nice feature. however, there is no freedom to shoot from outside the area. it may just me being cr@p at teh game but it is impossible to score without being less than 10 yards out.

anyway, i dont think you should get it, especially if you have pro evo (do you?) then it would be pointless.

im sure herc will dissagree......
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Glad you said you were only joking........

Now im going to read what you said........
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Hmmm....."
hhhmmm, well its not that I disagree, its just that im not into those really serious games like Pro Evolution. Id much rather have a game to play for the fun of it and not want to go into so much trouble to do everything if you know what I meen.
The only reason I claimed it was because I just wanted a simple football game to have fun with and it was the only game that was in my price range.

For £20, i'd say get it. Its easily worth that much.

Its up to you though, if you like it or not.

Dont mind me though.......

*walks off*
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's ok.

Pro Evo is soo much better mind you.
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:36
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I havnt been impressed by a football game other than ISS/Pro Evo for a long time now. But I loved this game when I played the demo. The passing was quite smooth, I felt the shooting was pretty good and the atmoshphere was top notch (especially after making good tackles the crowd starts cheering for you).

The control system is indeed easy to get used to and the game generally offers a great arcade experience. I liked the demo a lot and I think I will buy the game in the next few weeks. One of the things going for it, just like most of you said, is an exceptional array of tournaments and leagues to get your teeth into. In my opinion this is the 2nd best football game on the PS2
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hurrah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.