GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"20 alternative uses for your Xbox....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 10:25
Regular
Before i even start, let me say this: I AM a fan of the Xbox. I think it is a great console and it has some very good games, particularly Halo. However, unfortunately the British and European sales figures have been particularly poor. (so poor in fact that i hear Microsoft have refused to release such figures...)

With the £100 price slash not appearing to have boosted lagging sales and the GameCube seeming to be unstoppable, it would seem to be only a matter of time before even Xbox owners themselves begin to accept their machine's fate.

So, when the day comes when the Xbox is obsolete (just like the Dreamcast?) and we all forget about it and move on to our Playstation 3's etc... what will we do with our beloved Xbox's. With the machine's gargantuan size, surely it can fulfill many other jobs it today's world? Here are 20 of my own suggestions:

Here are a few suggestions:
1-Use it as a door stop.
2-Use it as a car seat cushion for short people to sit on so they can see over the steering wheel whilst driving...
3-Use it as a bedside table.
4-Take the inside workings out, cut a whole where the green circle is and 5-Use it as a paperweight.
6-Use it as one of those big blocks they put next to jumbo-jets' wheels to stop the plane from moving.
7-Use it as a 'stand' to place your Playstation 2 or GameCube upon.
8-Use it as a 'step' for 'step aerobics'.
use it as a potty for a small child.
9-Donate it to the Red Cross so they can distribute them in Ethiopia and other 3rd world countries. (where they can't afford Playstation 2s or GameCubes)
10-Find another Xbox owner and use your 2 Xboxs for goalposts when you play football in the summer.
11-Use it to prop up a piece of wood to form a ramp for skateboarding.
12-Prop it up on its side and use the green circle as a target for archery, bb guns, air rifles, etc...
13-Take out the inside workings and use it as a lunch box. (for a very fat person who needs to carry a lot of lunch*)
14-Donate it to the Transport Authority. John Prescott could use them as traffic cones. (or lunch boxes...*see above)
15-Use it in the production of industrial cranes. (as a counter-weight)
16-Use many Xbox's to form a 'wall' and use them for crash testing cars.
17-Allow the WWF's (WWE) wrestlers to use them as weapons. (soon enough they'll be cheaper than the metal chairs they use at the moment!)
18-Use several Xboxs (stacked up) to form medal winners' podiums for the upcoming Commonwealth games.
19-Use it as a 'foot-rest' for David Beckham, to aid his recovery prior to the World Cup.
20-Use it to continue playing the awesome Halo in multiplayer mode. (I had to mention one good use for the Xbox!)

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Before anyone starts moaning, I did not intend to offend any Xbox owners. It is just a bit of harmless fun.

Thanks for Reading.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Franny wrote:

> Tom, very true, XBox owners do not sl@g off the PS2 or GameCube,
> perhaps it is something to do with the general level of maturity.

Yeah right!What makes you so mature anyway, you're certainly not as mature as the people you're complaining about. I use to be like you, trying to defend my console everytime someone said something bad about it, then a few months ago I gave up because it was a pointless, no win arguement.

I now play my games on my console instead of getting into endless arguements about it, which I suggest to everyone who owns a console. Who cares if someone doesn't like the machine you own? just so long as you're happy with it, and play on it allot, I don't think it does matter.

So stop this constant 'my console is better than yours' crap and play on you're damn machines. And lighten up a little will you, its only ment to be a bit of 'FUN'.
Sat 25/05/02 at 14:36
29. Link 4 together using system link cables, then trap all the pointless critics, 'fun or no fun', and make them take back all the pointless banter about the size of the box.

Tom, very true, XBox owners do not sl@g off the PS2 or GameCube, perhaps it is something to do with the general level of maturity.
Sat 25/05/02 at 14:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
28. Play on your Xbox, then write a letter to doublezero that says:

"Tom Wrote:
This is not a dig at the original topic, because I can have a laugh at my console too"

So I'm not having a moan at your thread. I'm having a moan at everyone. So sue me.
Sat 25/05/02 at 14:06
Regular
"cant think of one.."
27. Use it to smash over the heads of moaning Xbox owners who are taking my initial post too seriously!
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:17
Regular
"That's right!"
26. Use it as weights in a gym

How do you think I got so buff?

*flexes*
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
25. Make a door and some windows and young children can use it as a play house.
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
24. Hide behind it for hide and seek.
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:58
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
We can all accept a bit of critism. But us Xbox owners have had way more than our share. I also own a PS2, and might get a GC one day. They are *all* good. But it does start to get a bit tedious when we go into our own xbox forum (not Fog Chat, this isn't too bad) only to find about 5 topics all along the lines of "Xbox Sucks!" "Xbox is crap compared to GC" "Xbox owners are stupid"

So, after a while, the complaints about size and controllers REALLY start to annoy us. I like the controller, and I couldn't give a damn if the Xbox was fluffy, pink, and had "This console is for girls" written all over it. So I really don't want people to use this as an excuse for the xbox being rubbish.

I currently don't know of any xbox owners, or any people who have been on my Xbox, who were dissatisfied with the size or comfort of the controller. Heck, even a 10 year old used mine without problems! But that's your choice I suppose, I just don't want to hear it blasted all over these forums!

So please, lay off the Xbox. Some non-Xbox owners might find it funny. But the amount of biast views against the Xbox is really becoming ridiculous. What's to say the Gamecube isn't too small?

I can laugh about my Xbox if it fails. I can understand there are few games at the moment (finally! I decent argument!) But, there are still the likes of Halo, Amped, Rallisport, Project Gotham Racing, JSRF and DOA3 out at the moment. With games like "Blinx: The Time Sweeper" (which is from the co-creator of Sonic and NiGHTS) still to come. I believe this is a very good line up. And I'm looking forward to geting my hands on these games.

This is not a dig at the original topic, because I can have a laugh at my console too. But it is a dig at the general amount of topics putting down the Xbox. It really makes my visits to this forum a lot less enjoyable. You only have to take a trip into the Xbox forum to see what we have to put up with. Hardly any of us Xbox owners do this to you! If anyone does, we are always the first people to put them straight! Please, just lay off the Xbox a bit.
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:39
Regular
"cant think of one.."
cipro wrote:
>Jeez, some people really need to lighten up.

Yeah, i agree. Lighten up Franny.
Sat 25/05/02 at 10:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh for feck sake, it is a bit of fun. I have a PS2, and I can think of loads of things to say bad about it, its under powered, has tons of sequels for games, its slow with catching up with the modem and hard disk ect.

What does this mean? I hat my PS2? No, it just means the console has its problems, like every console on the market, It doesn't mean I hate my console. Jeez, some people really need to lighten up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.