GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"20 alternative uses for your Xbox....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 10:25
Regular
Before i even start, let me say this: I AM a fan of the Xbox. I think it is a great console and it has some very good games, particularly Halo. However, unfortunately the British and European sales figures have been particularly poor. (so poor in fact that i hear Microsoft have refused to release such figures...)

With the £100 price slash not appearing to have boosted lagging sales and the GameCube seeming to be unstoppable, it would seem to be only a matter of time before even Xbox owners themselves begin to accept their machine's fate.

So, when the day comes when the Xbox is obsolete (just like the Dreamcast?) and we all forget about it and move on to our Playstation 3's etc... what will we do with our beloved Xbox's. With the machine's gargantuan size, surely it can fulfill many other jobs it today's world? Here are 20 of my own suggestions:

Here are a few suggestions:
1-Use it as a door stop.
2-Use it as a car seat cushion for short people to sit on so they can see over the steering wheel whilst driving...
3-Use it as a bedside table.
4-Take the inside workings out, cut a whole where the green circle is and 5-Use it as a paperweight.
6-Use it as one of those big blocks they put next to jumbo-jets' wheels to stop the plane from moving.
7-Use it as a 'stand' to place your Playstation 2 or GameCube upon.
8-Use it as a 'step' for 'step aerobics'.
use it as a potty for a small child.
9-Donate it to the Red Cross so they can distribute them in Ethiopia and other 3rd world countries. (where they can't afford Playstation 2s or GameCubes)
10-Find another Xbox owner and use your 2 Xboxs for goalposts when you play football in the summer.
11-Use it to prop up a piece of wood to form a ramp for skateboarding.
12-Prop it up on its side and use the green circle as a target for archery, bb guns, air rifles, etc...
13-Take out the inside workings and use it as a lunch box. (for a very fat person who needs to carry a lot of lunch*)
14-Donate it to the Transport Authority. John Prescott could use them as traffic cones. (or lunch boxes...*see above)
15-Use it in the production of industrial cranes. (as a counter-weight)
16-Use many Xbox's to form a 'wall' and use them for crash testing cars.
17-Allow the WWF's (WWE) wrestlers to use them as weapons. (soon enough they'll be cheaper than the metal chairs they use at the moment!)
18-Use several Xboxs (stacked up) to form medal winners' podiums for the upcoming Commonwealth games.
19-Use it as a 'foot-rest' for David Beckham, to aid his recovery prior to the World Cup.
20-Use it to continue playing the awesome Halo in multiplayer mode. (I had to mention one good use for the Xbox!)

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Before anyone starts moaning, I did not intend to offend any Xbox owners. It is just a bit of harmless fun.

Thanks for Reading.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:33
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Once again Guys...it was just a bit of fun. :)
Sun 26/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Franny wrote:
> cipro, if you read my post first, before making assumptions, you may
> find that actually, I am totally against 'my console is better than
> yours' arguments. The basis of my post is that posts that claim that
> the 'XBox is too big' or 'The pads are crap' are as bad as 'The PS2
> sucks'. There is no need for it, and I certainly am not trying to
> defend it.

Agreed, you're argument against the people who condemn consoles without any knowledge of them, isn't as petit and narrow-minded, but its just as futile. Basically you won't be able to change most people’s minds about how they act towards certain consoles; there will always be people who like to argue with 'my console is better than yours'.

I know, and so do most other people here (including yourself) that there is no place in these forums for arguments like this, but unfortunately it’s impossible to stop. Just do what I did, go to you're console and play. Forget about people who don't like you're machine, because in the end its whether 'you' are happy with the choice you made in purchasing it. Let all those the 8 year olds argue away and get on with enjoying you're gaming.
Sun 26/05/02 at 14:32
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> It would take me about 0.2 seconds

LOL - Same with me!
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Brrrrr."
You could use it to play X-Box games on?
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:19
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Hey why not, (a use for my Gamecube)

1. Take the insides out and use it as a handbag (LOL the handle)
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:00
cipro, if you read my post first, before making assumptions, you may find that actually, I am totally against 'my console is better than yours' arguments. The basis of my post is that posts that claim that the 'XBox is too big' or 'The pads are crap' are as bad as 'The PS2 sucks'. There is no need for it, and I certainly am not trying to defend it.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:45
Regular
"That's right!"
It would take me about 0.2 seconds
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:44
Fuzzy wrote:
And also, if you put all Bill Gates money under a single bed, then he
> went on it, and subsequently fell off, it would take him 18.5 minutes
> to hit the ground.

Coolest fact ever.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:20
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Fuzzy wrote:
> And also, if you put all Bill Gates money under a single bed, then he
> went on it, and subsequently fell off, it would take him 18.5 minutes
> to hit the ground.
>
> Ouch.

Thats a theory i would definitely like to see put to the test.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
If you drop a 2p coin from the top of the Empire State Building and it hits someone they would instantly die.

Imagine if a Xbox fell from that height....

Scary!

And also, if you put all Bill Gates money under a single bed, then he went on it, and subsequently fell off, it would take him 18.5 minutes to hit the ground.

Ouch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.