GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Windows Errors"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 10:14
Regular
This discussion started on the Nintendo forum in All Consoles Are Good's thread "Gamecube sucks or stinks...", but it has more relevance on a Microsoft Xbox/Windows forum. It's about favourite (and least-favourite) Windows error messages.

My favourite is:
"The operation could not be completed because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully."
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:12
bless
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Brrrrr."
The wonders of "Illegal Operation". It's a classic but that doesn't change how much we hate it...
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:40
Regular
any1 managed to download the online application form from xbox.com for their free games and pad error? evrytime i tried to download or run it i got an error saying wordpad cannot open the form, had to phone to get a form posted in the end...
heres an error message that will prob appear in the next few years...
ERROR 404 YOUR MACHINE SPECS R TO HIGH FOR THE CURRENT TREND OF SOFTWARE, WINDOWS WILL NOW BLOAT AND CHUG AT 50%...
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:09
worst one is when u press ctrl alt and delete and nothing happens so u do it again and it restarts ur computer
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"You have performed an illegal operation. press Ctrl-Alt-Del to continue"

*Ctrl - Alt - Del*

"..."

*Ctrl - Alt - Del*

"..."

*Ctrl - Alt - Del Ctrl - Alt - Del Ctrl - Alt - Del Ctrl - Alt - Del*

"..."

thegerrid: "i hate you"
*turns off computer at mains and kicks it*
*hard. twice*
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:24
Regular
"No keyboard detected. Press F10 to continue."
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
When I get my own comp set up, I want to get a sound sample to use when I get an error message on the screen. Hoping to get the Emperor (from Star Wars) saying "You've paid the price for your lack of vision !"

Shame I can't get one modified - "Your over-confidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your comp is yours !"
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:09
Argh well thats windows :)

Windows XP's faults come up all snazzy still... :P
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:21
My favourite has only happened once, but here it is:

EXCEPTION ERROR: DEBUG Y/N?

(This is a visual studio debug error trapping system, so I went for Yes, please let me debug and save my work!)

Then:

Visual Studio loaded up, gave the same error, then crashed!

Ooopppss!
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:14
This discussion started on the Nintendo forum in All Consoles Are Good's thread "Gamecube sucks or stinks...", but it has more relevance on a Microsoft Xbox/Windows forum. It's about favourite (and least-favourite) Windows error messages.

My favourite is:
"The operation could not be completed because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.