GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, how many of you are in bands, then?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 20:03
Regular
Just as a point of interest, i'd be intruiged to know if any of you are in bands...
What are you called?
Are you good?
Bad?
Ugly?
Happy?
Have you got a song that i could download and listen to?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
(too much caffeine. Better cut down on the Dr Pepper)
Tue 28/05/02 at 17:27
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Your just trying to make me jealous, aren't you, Goatboy?
Tue 28/05/02 at 00:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes I am.
Have been in current band for 2 years now and we're currently recording/mixing our album.
Played Dingwalls, Sound, The Barfly, Dublin Castle, The Garage, Water Rats, Spitz, Chinneries, Army & Navy and god knows how many other places.
Have supported Haven, Kid Galahad, The 45s and a bunch of others.
And we've been invited to support Mackie from the FLC's side-project - going to see him tomorrow night.

I am most happy and content with my boys and music.
Hiring a string quartet to do some stuff next week and should have the album ready by October, with A&R gigs lined up and behind us etc etc.
This is not arrogant boasting, this is quiet self-knowledge and a sizeable fanbase of 250+ at each gig now.

Uni tour in Sept to support album and an Xposure evening for Xfm that will be confirmed.

Parker - 2002 is ours.
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:13
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Ugly bunch, aren't they.....joking!

Mind you, I can't talk. *punches self in face*
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
I'm afraid, Gingerlord, that your link to Blueburn appears to be buggered, but i'd be more than happy to give your music a good old fashioned listen when the oppurtunity presents itself!
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:24
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Have you tried looking in your local newspaper? There's usually people seeling stuff like that, good quality and cheep prices 'n' all that.
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:21
Anyone know a good place to buy amps from. I need a Bass amp powerful enough to blow away a small audiance for June 6th.

Just found out that my amp doesn't make the grade :(
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:22
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Dr Giblets wrote:
> By the way, if any of you can be arsed, the band that i'm in has a
> song for download on; www.rockonuk.com/html/mp3z.htm and click on
> 'Valium'.
> We're the Social Hermits.....(holds up two fingered rock salute
> triumphantly)

That's pretty good. Not really my sort of thing, but pretty good anyway. Now you have to return the favour by visiting the Blueburn site! (Don't pay attention to the name, it IS rock/indie music, honest!) Try Weirdo or Underground.

Sibs - tried to listen to your stuff, but I'm on a uni computer and they won't let us receive cookies, which you need to do at mp3.com - sorry, I did try at least!
Mon 27/05/02 at 11:12
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Sibs wrote:
>
> that's a band called Neglected Youth, I know a few of the members...
>

Am I the only one here who thinks that their name sounds suspiciously like godfathers (and mothers!) of art-grunge Sonic Youth?

By the way, if any of you can be arsed, the band that i'm in has a song for download on; www.rockonuk.com/html/mp3z.htm and click on 'Valium'.
We're the Social Hermits.....(holds up two fingered rock salute triumphantly)
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Yeah, I'm in a band. I love playing music, there's no feeling like it.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:06
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Are you a groupie or summat?
>
> A what?

That'll be a NO then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.