GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's best? PS2, Gamecube or XBOX?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 18:17
Regular
'What is the best console?'

That right, console wars,
But this time there is a twist! What console is the best at....

Being a weapon?
The XBOX would be the immediate choice of anybody who had to take part in a 'console war' due to it's size and weight. The most defensive console out of the three. The controllers also make very good projectile weapons. This is due to the large size, the weight and the grip on the outside. You can easily throw this controller like a frisbee, could this be the new weapon for the modern 'Oddjob?'
Gamecube comes in strong too, the handle on the back means that you will be able to get maximum swinging power before wacking your enemy in the head. A great weapon for the 'agile fighter'.
PS2 comes in as the worst out of the three, the controller is easily smashed to pieces by the brute of the XBOX and the unit is not heavy or large enough to do any real damage to your opponents. Best for the 'hit and run' technique.

Most useful around the house?
XBOX comes around very handy by being able to take the weight of most objects. Exremely useful as a step, you can use this to stand on to reach those shelves that you just can't reach normally.
PS2 is a very handy drink holder, just push a button and out comes the holder. To keep space waste to a minimum, this holder conveniently folds back inside the unit when you have finished.
The Gamecube is very handy for formal dinners when you have guests around. Have you ever got frustrated because you have got 4 candles but havn't got a 4 candle holder? Well the Gamecube's convenient design will allow you place it on the table on it's side and it will very happily house 4 candles. It also has a hidden compartment on the side that will allow you store more candles.

Sports?
Don't be stupid, consoles can't play sports!

Making up a new sport?
Thats better! There are many games that can be played with the 3 consoles, here I have picked out the best games for each:
XBOX Weightlifting - A game of physical and mental strength, how many XBOX's can you lift at once. Pile one box on top of another until you cannot lift any more. The world record is 4...
PS2 Lob - In this great game, you have got to grab the controller with both hands and swing round in circles until you have got enough speed. Once you feel you have got enough speed, you can let go of the controller. The person who can throw the console the furthest is the winner.
Gamecube Curling - This game is very similar to curling and is played on ice. First person grabs console by handle and pushes it along the ice. The person who can get nearest to the centre mark is the winner. Just for added exitement, players on the opposing side can throw copies of South Park for the N64 at the console to try and put it off course. (At £39.99 per game though this option does not come cheap, but it is at least a use for the game!) The lid can be opened to give extra curl to the unit.

Random Tasks?
The Gamecube is very handy for childrens stilts. Their feet can be strapped under the handles allowing them to walk around like a giant. Gives children hours of fun making them feel bigger.
The XBOX is very useful as a nuclear warhead. The green glow coming from the box isn't a natural glow, it is highly radioactive plutonium. This console can be dropped onto any enemy target releasing enough power to demolish a small building.
The PS2 can be used as a torture device. Due to the lack of any safety features on it, many evil things can be carried out by it. A favourite is putting the victims hand into the disk bit and closing it. The sharp edges to the hole inside the closing compartment is sharp enough to sever the hand off and the lack of any safety devices to stop it from closing means the hand can be cut right off. This can be repeated with other parts of the body.

Overall though, each console has it's good uses and it is very hard to decide a winner so it will have to be a draw. I just can't decide which is the best!

You'll have to choose...
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Bobba you"
Thanks alot mate :-)
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
yeah i do, my address is [email protected]
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Bobba you"
Dont mean to be rude or anything but do you have MSN?
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:33
Regular
yeah i agree mate
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Bobba you"
Oh ok good. If i went down for it i think he should.
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:28
Regular
i think i might do. ill see what the next few days bring....
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Bobba you"
Quinty wrote:
> certainly are, your old days are behind you methinks

Well thanks mate.

Are you going to report him?
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm in the process of trying to win a game. I've got a topic a day until Saturday when I've run out of ideas!

I've got one pre-written already and writing another now.
Now thats determination for you!
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
certainly are, your old days are behind you methinks
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Bobba you"
Thanks quinty ;)

Ok i will.

I am an imporving poster aint I.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.