GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is Not a Gamer"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 17:54
Regular
Convo with a prat on Aol

Boardstupid86: i am getting my xbox chipped! LOL
Boardstupid86: for £50
English Boy Paul: oh thats gonna help the x-box aint it
English Boy Paul: I hate people like you
Boardstupid86: thx alot i thought u liked me
English Boy Paul: I only played copied pc games because I know they will survive
Boardstupid86: it ain't goin to change anythin
Boardstupid86: look at the ps2
Boardstupid86: there u go
Boardstupid86: has that died
Boardstupid86: :-P
Boardstupid86: gtg anyways cya l8tert m8
Boardstupid86: l8ter sorry
English Boy Paul: thats because that already had a massive fanbase from the psone
Boardstupid86: and
English Boy Paul: I hate piraters
Boardstupid86: and
English Boy Paul: and u support them and not the industry
Boardstupid86: so i have bought and xbox on launch what more do they want
English Boy Paul: ur a fool
English Boy Paul: the company dont get money from the console
English Boy Paul: they get it from the games
Boardstupid86: i am not buying games for £45
Boardstupid86: when i can get them copied for £5
English Boy Paul: each console is made launch
English Boy Paul: people like u will drag the x-box down
Boardstupid86: no no no
English Boy Paul: yea
Boardstupid86: nononononononono
Boardstupid86: i will sitll buy real games when i have the money
Boardstupid86: e3 tomoz :-D
English Boy Paul: like hell u will
Boardstupid86: i will
English Boy Paul: e3 has been an gone
English Boy Paul: lol
Boardstupid86: no it ain't

I hate people like this they aren't supporting the long term interests of the games industry grrrrr
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:03
Regular
Well I know for sure that his never crashed, he had MGS2 4 months before it came out over here and Max Payne 6 months before! I know it voids your warrinty but that is the risk you take!
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:58
The funniest day of my life was when I got my x-box it came totally out of the blue my mum said I will get you an x-box if you think it will be a survivor and I didn't like the x-box at the time but the more I thought about the more I wanted it and in the end I got one but before I did my mum went into dixons *boo hiss* and the fella knew nothing about it I was laughing. plus he had a cold which just made me laugh more.

I got mine from eb and I strained my shoulder when I got it home My shoulder was like William Burkin's off Resident Evil. But the pain went away when I played Halo :)

Oh and I went back in dixons when the gc was realeased and the same stupid fella was like

"We have one GC left so its first come first serve however it is purple" I was going over to the x-box games mind :)

I will be getting a gc soon!
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:30
Regular
"this is a tagline"
It also voids your warranty if you mess aruond with it inside. When my PS2 broke I - my Dad - had to spend £75 to fix it, it was two days before christmas aswell!

But not because I had had it chipped, it was just after a year since I got it (24th Nov '00). Damn that was a good day... :-)
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually garbe I've seen plenty of games that have been copied and a good number have been poor quality - particularly games that are on more than 1 disk.

An old friend of mine got a pirate of Resident Evil once and it crashed a lot.

Plus theres the problem of having no instruction booklets.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:21
yes garbe but after a while the actual chip melts because it is starved of the cool air the fan brings and the ur buggered.
Thu 23/05/02 at 14:45
Regular
I definatley won't be getting my X-box chipped. I will disagree with you there Savatt, my friend has his PS2 chipped and the games are exactly the same quality if not better! You might say why better? American games run quicker than our games over here and with the abaility to buy games for £5 and USA format and you get the best all round! I won't be getting my X-Box chipped becuase I want to play and enjoy games instead of buying them just becuase they are only £5.
Thu 23/05/02 at 14:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Basically "chipping" is something you can get done so that you can play import games. It also has a side to it where you can play pirate games. Basically someone with the equipment can copy games and sell the copies as some do with pirate videos (and its just as illegal).

Copies often don't work though and some companies add a security measure to their games so that copies will screw up after a short time of playing.
Copies tend to be sold cheap, like around £5 - £10 so to some its an attractive offer. However when people do this, in the long run it effects the games industry because if people are buying copies, the companies that make the games aren't getting any money for their games. You might think "well how is one person gonna do so much damage by buying copies ?", but when you think of how many people are willing to do it, you get a much bigger picture of how much of a problem this could become.

The Dreamcast was very easy when it came to pirating games. I was offered the chance to buy copies several times but I just refused straight out because I love playing games and I don't want to harm the industry that provides me with them.

Plus when you have your console chipped, theres high possibility that it could be damaged. You might not even have any problems straight away, but after a short time, your console might start acting up and then what ? You've bought a couple of copied games for £5 each, but now you've lost a £200 - £300 console and the last thing you can do is take it back to the shop you got it or send it to the companies like Microsoft asking for a new one. Once your machine is opened and tampered with to do the chip, your guarentee is out the window because no company will take a console back that has been tampered with.

So basically avoid the pirate games because not only is it illegal, it is low quality and very risky.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:55
Regular
"BOSE"
what did he mean by "i'm getting my Xbox chipped" ? :S
Wed 22/05/02 at 23:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maybe if we have leaders they can vary from game to game. :-) If anyone shows particular qualities in a game we can sort things out. :-) Those headsets are gonna be great for communicating as we all run around. ;-))
Wed 22/05/02 at 23:12
Yea I used to be a clan leader on half life the borg clan

After the owner left he give it to me as he saw I had potential It was good but I had to fold as I had my sats

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.