GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The great old days of NOM..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 22:25
Regular
I've just had a look through my old copies of NOM (3+ years old) and I have read many fun quotes from the magazines. I just thought that many of you here would like to be remembered about the good old days of NOM!

On the total test for N64 memory cards:
Quote for official Nintendo Memory Card 256K (£14.99) - Solid Quality, its the best!
Quote for other 3rd party card (256K and £5 cheaper) - Bit pricey for amount of saves, only average value.
You can't get any more biast than that!!

In the 'Club Mario' section, somebody wrote in with the comment.
"Nintendo need to work hardn to keep up with other consoles. The new consoles from Sony and Sega are gonna be so much better."
NOM replied with:
"Don't worry, the Dreampants and the Fony Greystation 2 are gonna be rubbish, Nintendo are always going to dominate the market!"

My favourite of all NOM quotes were the ones in the South Park review! How amazing they were! Here's a few of them:

"South Park is brilliant and just as good as the cartoon"
"Everything is spot on, the characters, the speech, the humour, THE EXITEMENT!!!"
"The one player game is surpurb and the multiplayer will keep you gripped for ages"
They gave it 90 bloody percent! Why if I ever met the person who wrote this I'd...

I was going to write more but writing about South Park has just annoyed me.

P.S If you are ever bored, read an old issue of NOM, it will lighten up your day!
P.P.S Don't read the South Park issue
P.P.P.S Don't believe anything they say
P.P.P.P.S Don't ever buy a copy of NOM!
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Dear oh dear, NOM really irritated the hell out of me. The unofficial one was better, N64 Magazine.

What was with there surfer dude attitude? One issue they suddenly decided to say "Awesome" and "Radical" and don't get me started on the "Dreampants" and "Fony Greystation" - so childish. And the funny thing was they were setting bad examples for younger N64 gamers. They were using the same language.

Millions of little children are going to grow up being bullied by other kids because they have been taught to say "Dreampants" and "Awesome".

It's a terrible thing...
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
Cube magazine rules..

..and the new design and team on NOM are actually doing a lot better.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
NGC is excellent, the humour is spot on and the new look is even better.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:23
Regular
NOM seem to have sorted themselves out now, i've bought a couple of copys recently and they where a pretty good read but they'll never be anything compared to NGC.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Semajal wrote:
> NOM has reformed now. Now they rule.

Never! NOM will never change from the biast, lying, tight fisted, other console hating magazine that I used to buy. It's like trying to convince me that South Park was actually a good game once you got into it!

It's not gonna work!
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:05
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
NOM has reformed now. Now they rule.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:03
Regular
"Vote for Me!"
Can't reach...

Come a little closer....
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Just for showing off reasons I think I will tell you all I have every issue of N64/NGC magazine.

I remember people paying good money for the lot and the first issues. It was in the back of the old N64 magazines they had like a sales column thing (which just one day dissapeared)

You may touch me now.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Shhhhhhh! I'll get half the forums with this one, just you wait.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Vote for Me!"
Must not listen to taglines anymore...

CTRL + W is baaaaaaaaaaaaad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.